We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

Do you have any packing tips for things to bring? I read that bringing salt & pepper packets are a good idea, anything else? Can coolers, soft-sided cooler, etc? What about a bottle opener/corkscrew?

Thanks in advance!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

Good question. We are renting at another property in a couple weeks. I emailed the owners to see what they had and then read some past posts here. I'm bringing packets of laundry detergent, extra sunscreen, bug stick, seasoning blend or two. I hadn't thought of can coolers--good idea! Oh and it appears we're cold weather neighbors ;)

Edited: 2:15 am, February 16, 2013
Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

I would contact the villa management and see what they supply. Is ABH Aqua Marine Beach Houses? If so I know she has coolers for the beach, laundry soap, sugar and some others things for the villas.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

yes, aquamarine beach houses! thanks for the replies! (good idea about contacting them, snubagirl!) i am so excited to go to provo, and some of the fun of it is visiting a new place, researching, etc... i love this forum.

sarah, glad to see a st paul neighbor is heading there too!!! :)

kalamazoo, mi
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

we are also staying at abh. i emailed them and asked if they had a few things on my list. they provide salt and pepper, soap, beach towels, microwave, inflator (for rafts). i didn't ask about the laundry soap, figured they wouldn't, so i stopped at a laundramat and bought a couple boxes out of their vending machine as they are powder for single loads and in original pkg.(since i use liquid at home). i would imagine they would have a bottle opener as their kitchen is fully stocked. our grocery sells insulated bags to transport hot/cold items for less than $3.00. these bags keep foods cold for several hours and look like they are made of mylar and have a plastic snap handle. they are really light weight so i bought one and packed it and it takes no room at all. big enough for what we need on a picnic. originally i had a collapseable cooler that is heavier and takes up a lot of room. my goal is 1 check-in and 2 carry-ons. one of my carryons is all food to take since she said snacks and such are expensive there. our goal is to eat breakfast and lunch there and go out for dinner most nights. i am taking the following which need no refrigeration: salami, brick cheese, prosciutto, pre cooked bacon,

crackers, smoked salmon, granola bars, pop tarts, candy bars, tea, coffee, crystal light, chip dip pkt, lemon pepper, pringles (save the container for seashells coming back) ramen noodles, lipton pasta (alfredo), kippers, cheese spreads, peanut butter, hungry jack hashbrowns (looks like a milk carton-they are quite good!) nuts, baggies of all sizes for many uses! tuna fish, small mayo and mustard. i know there is more but you get the idea. lol. most of this is quite light so the carryon is still under the weight limit but full! some of these things of course have to be in your check in. anything with liquid like the canned meats, mayo, mustard, cheese spreads and peanut butter, also.

kalamazoo, mi
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

i also packed collapseable bottles that can be refilled with the bottled water provided at each condo. add crystal light or koolaid pkts if you don't always want water. don't forget to check in a freezer pack for your cooler to freeze when u get there. i have read where people take coolers of meat there and use dry ice. read the tsa rules about dry ice. there are limitations. so hopefully all my food will be gone so for the trip home, i will have room for souveniers!

London
Level Contributor
119 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

Best ask the owner of each property. The standard for vacation holiday home rental is 2 rolls toilet paper per bathroom, soaps, hand wash for the dishes, kitchen paper towel roll, salt and pepper. At our villas near Turtle Cove I will provide extras if my guests contact me in advance, and we have a cooler available for guest use. I am finding this year that several people are bringing coolers with dry ice. The food costs here are higher than North America but we often find loads of food left in our fridges when guests leave as they find eating out an attractive option so eat-in less.

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

I took Tide packets last trip and they were fine with it at the airports. Also brought some Bounce dryer sheets. We mostly ate at resturants but did pack our favorite snacks.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

When are you headed there or have you already gone and returned? We leave next Friday. If you've gone and returned what did you not bring but wish you would have? What were you happy you brought?

9. Re: Those who've stayed at ABH (or other rentals)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales