We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for traveling to Beaches resort with 15 month old

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for traveling to Beaches resort with 15 month old

We are traveling next week to Beaches Turks & Caicos and were looking for tips for traveling with our 15 month old. Are there any items you wish you had brought with you? Food, clothes, accessories? In particular, I know it is all inclusive, but I'm just worried about our picky toddler eater. What kind of snacks and how many etc should we bring? I was going to bring cheerios because that is her favourite snack but my husband assures me we will be able to get a supply of those at the restaurant. He thinks the same about homogenized milk and apple sauce. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
978 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for traveling to Beaches resort with 15 month old

We have been twice-once when our son was 10 months and the next year when he was 22 months. I packed one large suitcase of just baby stuff! Lots of regular diapers and swim diapers, they do have a small selection at the resort but are very expensive! Also pack extra sunscreen, you go through it fast! I did pack some snacks: gold fish, Cheerios, etc...they do have boxed cereal at breakfast and there was always Cheerios! But we never saw any goldfish or pretzels, so if you child likes something in particular bring it! There is also yogurt on at breakfast, you can take it back to the room and put in the fridge for later! Plenty of options for picky eaters! We also packed a spring float for our son the first year since he was less active. The second year we brought a life vest and he had a blast! Sometimes people leave some pool toys but don't count on it...we brought a bucket and sand toys and pool toys as well! Bring a stroller! The resort is big! They do have milk and my child drank it but not as much as he would have at home. It does taste different but my child was happy drinking bottled water but there is juice! I did pack extra clothes and didn't need them but you never know with little ones! We go in May so we have never needed long sleeves in the evenings, it usually stays pretty warm but we always bring them just in case! Hope this helps a little...I was very stressed our first trip since it was our first trip with our son but once we got the resort everything was so easy!! Enjoy your trip!!

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for traveling to Beaches resort with 15 month old

This is awesome! Thank you for the tips. It helps a lot.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for traveling to Beaches resort with 15 month old

We are thinking of going here in May and our child will be 15 months old then. Can you tell me your experience? Particularly with the child care - do the children get to inteact etc? Also during naps (our child will nap in the room...he is not used to napping at daycare), can we be near a pool so we can take a monitor or will we need to hire a babysitter to go anywhere?

Any other opinions appreciated....

4. Re: Advice for traveling to Beaches resort with 15 month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 02, 2014