We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort recommendation

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
152 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Resort recommendation

We are going to GCB for a wedding. Please give a recommendation on best budget option near GCB. We are looking at Royal West Indies, Villa del Mar, Ocean Club West. I like the looks of Windsong, but not sure if it is too far. We plan to rent a car.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort recommendation

Villa del Mar would be best as it is located directly behind GBC.

Mike

Edited: 11:36 pm, February 07, 2013
massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort recommendation

I second Villa Del Mar if the wedding is at Grace Bay Club. They have very nice rooms, very spacious with very comfortable furniture, even on the balcony and at the pool.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort recommendation

Windsong would be around a 15min ride. I would stay closer so you do not have to drive when you have been drinking. You could walk to Villa Del Mar, it is right behind GBC.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort recommendation

I would not count out OCW, it is beach front, not the luxury of GBC or the newness of VDM, but has a cool beach vibe to it and a nice beachside restaurant.

east hampton
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort recommendation

I'm staying at royal West Indies now and it is beautifully kept and the beach here is unreal. It's a 10 minute walk to town and they also provide beach cruisers for 2 hour time limits. It's not super crowded which is nice for us and makes the beach a little more enjoyable. I haven't been to the other resorts but i definitely know this place is very affordable and I will be returning! The local buffet nights at the resort are also yummy and fun! Hope this helped.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort recommendation

Thanks all. We seem to be down to VDM, RWI and OCW. VDM looks great but a bit concerned about it not being beachfront. How far are RWI and OCW? Are they also in walking distance?

My DH is from Antigua and we always rent a car in the Caribbean. I am wondering if it makes sense on TCI. We will be there for 6 days. Is everything generally close? Do we need a car? I am assuming we will be doing wedding activities at least two days but the rest of the time we will want to explore.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort recommendation

OCW is right next door to GBC, RWI about a 10 minute walk down the beach.

east hampton
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort recommendation

RWI is right on the water. Super nice. Always something going on with the restaurant. Also, it's a little more secluded than OCW but since they provide bikes it's a mere 5 minute bike to town which is nice. The walk isn't bad either, it's actually nice. We've been walking or riding to town daily. Either way you're on grace bay so you'll be happy! We haven rented a car everything for us is in walking distance. We took a taxi to coral gardens which is nice and it was 30 round trip for the day. Worth it! Have fun!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,745 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort recommendation

World Class rated Grace Bay is the calling card and everyone knows about how I feel about Beachfront. Everytime we(family of 5) go out the door of our Beachfront room directly on Grace Bay, it's like the "Rope Drop" @ Disney. Everyones happy and excited. Excitement actually being so close to the water. You are there. I do sense some trepidation about your concerns not being beachfront. You want to be "Right on the water" as Replier #8 states. One last piece of advice is "RENT A CAR" because you stated the "Explore" word. Remember my motto, "Come to the Turks & Caicos Islands, it's all good!" You and your spouse will experience and have memories of the "Happy Zone" on Grace Bay. DR. JIM

Edited: 11:59 pm, February 10, 2013
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort recommendation

Call Seven Stars and see if they can give you a good price- not sure when you are going....right up the beach and so nice!