We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first night in turks and caicos

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
miami
5 posts
Save Topic
first night in turks and caicos

im arriving provo airport at about 8:30 pm and planning to spend 3 extremely expensive nights at amanyara (about 2300 a night)

my wife is suggesting since we are arriving so late at night that we spend the first night at a regular hotel (about 400 maybe) and then check in at amanyara the following morning. even if they do not let us check in until about 3 we can hit the pool or the beach until they do.

is this smart or stupid? if you think it is smart what hotel do you reccomend for that first night. any help very much appreciated first time in t&c!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first night in turks and caicos

That makes sense. I recommend The Regent Palms. Intimate luxury and grounds.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,060 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first night in turks and caicos

Wow....prices at Amanyara are crazy.

You could stay at many Grace Bay resorts in their nicest suites for less.

But if you want to stay there 2 full days, it makes total sense to stay somewhere else the first night.

Regent Palms

Somerset

Point Grace

would all be great.......then you might decide to stay.

Mike

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first night in turks and caicos

At this level of eagerness to spend, and assuming Amanyara is willing to transport you that late, why bother switching? Get the bumpy dirt road trip over with on your first night; wake up at your chosen destination with no hassle. You preserve half a day at that destination. Being already willing to spend that kind of money for the trip, saving a measly couple of grand for the first night seems false economy.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,491 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first night in turks and caicos

Completely agree with the last post. I would rather spend the night and wake up at my 2300 a night room. Especially if you have transportation included from the airport.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first night in turks and caicos

I agree you should go to Amanyara. They whisk you there from the airport in one of their white Range Rovers, so it doesn't take very long.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,035 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first night in turks and caicos

I'm confused, are you suppose to spend the first night at Amanyara, or wait until the next day for your 3 nights?

Personally, I would spend the first night at Grace Bay, then in morning go to Amanyara. It will cost quite a bit to get to Amanyara unless they are willing to come get you somewhere on Grace Bay Road. (and at those prices, they better!)

So that way, you experience stunning Grace Bay Beach, one of the best beaches in the world, and I would hang out on Grace Bay until around 2 then go to Amanyara. You can also make reservations to eat dinner that first night at Coco Bistro, as the best restaurant on the island.

Amanyara's beach is stunning, but going to Provo and not seeing Grace Bay for a couple of hours is like going to Paris and not seeing the Eiffel Tower, or the Colosium in Rome, or the Taj Majal in India!

miami
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: first night in turks and caicos

I am spending 3 nights total in t&c.

Either I would spend all 3 nights at Amanyara even though the first night I would arrive very late to the resort or spend the first night elsewhere and then transfer to amanyara in the morning and spend the other 2 nights there.

With american express I have noon check in at amanyara.

east hampton
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: first night in turks and caicos

Not sure we're that is but you should definitely check out grace bay if you are not. Maybe stay on grace bay the first night, save the $ and go experience the beach a bit while you're waiting for your check in at the resort of your choice.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first night in turks and caicos

I agree with blamona. except leave grace bay by 12 pm so you can at least enjoy the 2300 a night they have to offer during the day.

as far as places to stay for 400.00 on grace bay, would be the sands, the alexandra, royal west indies,and coral gardens. I believe the other resorts would be more than that.

I can't see paying 2300 the night you are arriving especially if it is well after 8:30.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first night in turks and caicos

vr, I really hope you meant another resort, instead of a 'regular' resort because all of the other resorts are all but 'regular'. They each have their own personality and charm, some as inexpensive as 250.00 per night, and could go up to about 2000.00 per night. They are anything but 'regular'.