We are planning a 5 night trip to Provo in mid-March, and VERY excited about it! It has been a while since we traveled and I just cannot wait to see the beautiful Grace Bay.
Anyways, we are getting close to choosing the hotel/resort, and debating between the Sands and Alexandra. I have done some research and found that are fairly close to each other and both seem to have good reviews from visitors. Some say the Sands are more family friendly and is closer to the restaurants at the Salt mills, but Alexandra is newer?
I am hoping to get some expert recommendations on which hotel to choose!
Currently, for the time we are hoping to travel (mid-March), Alexandra has $325/night for garden view, and the Sands have $285/night for courtyard view (both studios, not suites). Sands' garden view studio (next level room) is $360/night. From the websites, it sounds like all these room would allow child in addition to the couple, but when I called Sands, they said for more than 2 people it must be garden view (we cannot book courtyard). We are not really interested in a better view (i.e. ocean view) for extra money... We will be in room mostly for sleeping, getting ready, etc.
Info on our family and wishlist for this vacation:
1) Hubby and I (will be around 5 mo preggo as well then), with 2 yr old toddler boy (will turn 2 in Feb)
2) Will mostly spend time on the beach and the pool
3) Hoping to take one or two boat excursions (that are safe for our family, maybe glass bottom, or beach excursions, etc.)
4) Want to go check out the beach side snorkel at Coral Gardens
5) Want to be able to dine at resort restaurant for meals, and have reasonable options in easy walking distance.
6) Hoping not to have to take cabs too much, other than to and from airport
7) Wants relaxing environment
8) Not planning to use babysitting/nanny type services
What do you think is the better option for our family, for the price available? Also, feel free to recommend restaurants for us too! I noted that both Mango Reefs and Hemingway's seem to be good options.
List would look a little different if I wasn't pregnant, but oh well...
thank you so much for your help in advance!!!