We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep rental

Akron, OH
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jeep rental

Does any renatl car company rent Jeeps Wranglers (ie. Jeep brand, not suzuki, or Kia)? Does anyone know if the soft top, comes with the low or soft, fold down doors. Driving a Jeep with the to down is fun, but it kinda defeats the purpose of being in a convertible if you have the full hard doors right beside you.

This time next week I'll be getting off the plane in Provo!!!!

new york
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep rental

buddytyvek, Hello again. Did you end up renting VRBO# 31208? I remember you e-mailed them after one of our discussions. Please let me know, because 31208 is not at Royal West Indies!!

Akron, OH
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep rental

snorkling,

No to #31208, going through RWI just ended up being easier for us. After reading all the reviews we figuredwe couldn't go wrong w/ RWI, plus all the sports equipment is included, we like to do some sailing and kayaking and we don't have our own snorkel gear.

I'll be checking out some of the other resorts while we're there, so maybe on the next trip we'll use VRBO, plus i'll be planning ahead better next time.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep rental

Scooter Bob rents Suzuki Trackers and Gypsys, go to http://www.Provo.net/Scooter/ click on >>> Choose your Vehicle.

If you have trouble emailing him try scooterprovonet@tciway.tc

Not sure how much more open I would want to drive around this island with all the varied driving techniques. Be sure to wear your seat belt, we have a seat belt law now.

new york
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep rental

Buddy, Glad to hear you didn't book the 31208, It was a big surprise for us. Have a great trip.

Huntingdon Valley...
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep rental

Buddy:

We rented a Jeep Cherokee from Scooter Bob's. I know it's not a convertible, but they may have other Jeeps. Also, we did have a reservation through Hertz for a Jeep Wranger convertible, but cancelled it when we got the reservation through Scooter Bob's. We're a family of 3 and I thought the Wrangler was too small for us to use to/from the airport and getting into and out of all week long. That's why we went to Scooter Bob's and got the Cherokee. The prices were about the same and people on this forum, along with other forums, recommended Scooter Bob's. There were a few reviews of Hertz that I didn't like. That wasn't my reason for switching, but it just made me feel better about the decision to switch. Hope this helps!

Akron, OH
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep rental

Thanks, for the info.

jjsmom, it does help. I am defineately looking for a convertible. (ie. Jeep Wrangler), but I have heard about some problems w/ Hertz also, so I was looking to see if someone else on the island rents them also.