We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

We are travelling to T&C for the first time March 2014 and we are wanting to book a condo on Grace Bay. I have found 4 that meet our budget range although a couple of them are notably less than 2 others.

The condos are at Alexandra, OCW, Villa Renaissance and RWI. Just trying to get a fell for which property overall might suit us best.

It will be my husband and I (51) and daughter almost 10 travelling. We will be renting a car at least for a few days if not the entire week we are there.

What we are seeking -

I like to be able to take long beach walks in the morning

We like to be around some activity but not super crowded like body-to-body crowds on the beach.

Want a nice pool area

We plan to snorkel several times, rent a hobie to sail (if not included at condo), hubbie will take Kiteboarding lessons, explore the island and maybe Middle Caicos.

Generally we would like to be somewhere where we can walk to restaurants a few nights.

As far as the condo - hope for good location, nice pool, free parking, and lots of light in the condo.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

The Alexandra is within walking distance to the Bight Reef snorkeling.

All are very good for long walks on the beach and all have nice pool areas.

OCW and Villa Renaissance are closest to many restaurants and shops, but you can also walk to quit a few from the Alex as well, not as many, but enough for a week stay.

I would rent a car for a few days anyway.

Concord MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

I think you could add Sands to your list. The Renaissance has higher end accommodations, no onsite restaurant. Beach there is very quiet. Sands and RWI have Hobies, no charge, not sure about Alex. Alex is closest to snorkeling,. Walking is similar for all. Really, the only "body to body" experience is at Beaches. All have pools, Alex is probably the least inviting pool area, but the beach is the place anyway!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,745 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

You asked two questions. My thoughts would be Ocean Club West. DR. JIM

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

Villa Renaissance does not have water sport ammenities at the resort.

Really nice property...but is more in the self-catering category with less onsight inclusions. ( But the nicest property you asked about).

All of the others are in the same class category and you might want to also add The Sands into the mix.

Just the facts.....

Mike

Colleyville, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

We stayed at the Alexandra in July. The oversized balcony in a 1 bedroom ocean view was outstanding. We spent time there in the mornings and evenings. It really increases the size of your room. We walked to lunch at the Sands several times.

The beach is great at the Alexandra. They do not have hobbie cats which is a real disappointment. They have standup paddle boards.

From my keeping up with this forum I have found the advice of those with the most post to be very accurate. Do not overlook the advice of "destination experts".

Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 10:06 pm, January 05, 2013
Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

Thanks for the feedback. Where to stay always seems to be the hardest decision to make for me.

We might look at the Sands but so far I'm seeing prices (of course not yet for 2014 but for March 2013) ranging from $360 for a studio to $610 for a 2 bedroom. We don't want a studio and $600/nt is too much. All the places I've found were under $400/nt and a few under $300. Villa Rennaissaance looks gorgeous but the photos make it seems less-resort more country club like and while pretty I getting a feeling it might not suit us so the comment above on VR helps confirm that.

Are there places to rent hobies if we end up staying at a property that doesn't have them?

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

The resort closest to all you wish to walk to would be Ocean Club West. They also run a shuttle to the sister property at Ocean Club with two more dining options. www.windsurfingprovo.tc is on-site for expert kiteboard etc. instruction and watersport rentals, including skiffs, another fun day! Our best shore snorkelling would be a car ride away but everything else would be walkable. You can beach walk for about four miles in either direction from OCW.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,842 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

I would say RWI since it is also close to where Mike is set up for windsurfing lessons, and has nice beach walking in each direction. The location of OCW/OCE is a good choice too, I just don't like screened in balconies.

colin34711
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

I would recommend Villa Renaissance,the most central with all

the amenities of Regent Village on the doorstep.Check on

VRBO and the property website for the best available deals

Edited: 8:42 am, January 07, 2013
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which condo - deciding between 4? Help pls

If you start checking prices Dec of 2013 or even earlier or call resorts, they will have the prices listed. The Sands sounds like your best bet. They are always offering every 4th or 5th night free and a two bed OF is usually around 495.00 to 590.00 depending on the package you choose or their offerings at that time.

IMO, the Alexandra and the Sands are pretty comparable. Other than Alex not having hobie cats, oh and the Sands pool is nicer I think your 10 year old would enjoy better than the Alex. I would scratch off the Villa Renaissance. It sounds like that is not what you are looking for. I have never been to OCW, so I cannot comment on that one. But hear that it is nice.

Also, IMO if you look at a map, the Sands is right in the middle of the resorts to the left and to the right if you will be taking long walks on the beach.

Good luck!