We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Hi, we are family of 5, 2 adults and 3 small children. We are traveling in February and are trying to figure out where to stay. We want to have a nice pool (a shallow area for the kids), easy beach access, good food (options either at the resort or walking) and just overall nice place.

What do you recommend?

Gansavort?

Seven Stars?

West Bay Club?

Other?

thanks! Seema

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

While the WBC pool may be small, there is a shallow wading section. Is there something similar at SS?

Grace Bay Club also has this design at the family pool.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,096 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

SS has shallow areas by the steps on both sides. Usually however young kids wear floaties and are all over the place, not just the shallow parts.

To me this is the best pool on the island, for kids and adults alike. My kids spend about 90% of the time in the pool

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

I agree with the other posts in that I would rule out Gansevoort, because it is geared to younger couples without children.

The West Bay Club is next door to the Gansevoort and is in a relatively remote section on Grace Bay. For dining you would need to either rent a car or rely on expensive cab rides to get to/from the better restaurants on the island.

Seven Stars has the best central location of the three and offers excellent restaurant options at the resort and within close proximity to the resort, which eliminates the need for a rental car and expensive taxi fares. Also, it has the Gourmet IGA within a half block from the resort, which can save you a considerable amount of money, especially given that you are a family of five. The front desk offers its guests complimentary pull carts that you can take to the Gourmet IGA to assist you in transporting your groceries.

Seven Stars is very kid friendly. It has a complimentary Kids Club and offers a once a week cinema night. It has a very large heated salt water pool that has shallow areas (3ft) that are well suited for young children. I believe you will find it has a good mix of fun activities for both children and adults.

If you are considering Seven Stars, I would recommend that you directly contact Yngrit Reynoso, Reservations Director (1-866-570-7777 (toll free)), who can discuss various room options to meet your budget.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Thanks everyone. Now we are considering the Sands also? anymore thoughts on Sands versus Seven Stars. I get the sense its luxury versus not luxury as there is big price difference!

thanks again.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

The Sands is not even close to the same league as the other properties. I would stick with your original choices if you want luxury. Provo is very family friendly, even at the luxury properties. been staying at the luxury places with my kids since they were 1 and 4, now 8 and 11.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Go for the Seven Stars if you can... you will love the clean new rooms. great views, service and the best heated largest saline pool on the island...xoxoox G

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,031 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

It's luxury vs. just nice. The Sands is a great family oriented resort, and you can save some cash. You aren't buying the place, you are just staying in it for a week. We have stayed at both, and both are nice in different ways.

Listen to dejs. She has owned at both resorts and gives very good advice.

Edited: 9:57 pm, January 04, 2013
Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
761 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Love the Gansevoort, personally. But it's not everyone's scene. I feel like I've stepped into a Travel and Leisure spread when I'm there. Great attention to detail. Everything is luxe. Pool is nice and has super shallow parts for kids. Short walk to beach, beach restaurant, nice dinner restaurant and room service, amazing kitchens if you want to cook. Breakfast is really nice. I like the atmosphere, some people think it's too NYC or too Miami. Depends on the vibe you want. Beach is nice. Great beach service and complimentary water sports equip like a hobie cat rides, paddle boards, kayaks.

Just all around luxury, IMO.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
427 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Thanks Joeb for the compliment! I think it all comes down to the "vibe" you are looking for (as Amy said) and of course, the cost. You'd probably be happy anywhere on GB (who wouldn't? :), but each resort has its own "flavor". There are many happy families here at 7* and many happy families at the Sands and WBC! What I can say, definitively, is that the suites at 7* are large, modern and extremely well equipped kitchenwise (more like a place you could move into...we DID :), the Sands is more wicker, laid back comfy, island-like. WBC is probably in between the 2 (never been inside, sorry!...but the owners are lovely!). The other factor is location. WBC is the furthest west and you would need transportation to most restaurants...but the semi-isolation could be your thing. The Sands is closer to the "center" (such as it is), with shops and restaurants within an easy walk (depending on the age of your children) and 7* is about as central as you can get (1/2 block from Grocery, walkable restaurants in either direction).

20. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales