We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping/Dining

Tennessee
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping/Dining

I'm considering this island for vacation this year and wondered what the shopping was like. I don't need anything like you find in St. Thomas, etc., but was hoping there were at least some shops with souvenirs and maybe handcrafted items.

Also wondered what kind of dining choices are there. I'm not looking for anything formal, just native cusine.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping/Dining

There are plenty of shops near Grace Bay, Port of Call and now Salt Mills Plaza. There are plenty of good restaurants. Some of our favorites are Shark Bite in Turtle Cove, informal, local food; Hemingways at the Sands, and for formal dining, Coco Bistro, beautiful outside restaurant, great food and service.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,105 Reviews
Providenciales
Turtle Cove
Turtle Cove
Providenciales
The Sands at Grace Bay
The Sands at Grace Bay
1,989 Reviews
Providenciales
Coco Bistro
Coco Bistro
5,408 Reviews
Providenciales
Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
643 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping/Dining

I was there a couple of weeks ago and found the shopping to be just okay. We went to the Ports of Call area and found no handcrafted items to speak of and personally I thought the prices were very high compared to other islands we have traveled to. Many of the souvenirs were typical items you would find in any beach town. I was not impressed. The dining choices are excellent. We used this publication to help us decide...check it out http://www.wherewhenhow.com/