We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare sell off Sale @ the Alexandra Resort

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Timeshare sell off Sale @ the Alexandra Resort

I just read on Facebook The Alexandra is having a sale Jan 15th - Feb 15 on the rest of their timeshares. Starting at $10.000 for a studio. Worth it for what it cost to rent a condo on Provo. I got my moneys worth, but i bought before they started even building the Alex. They are all Ocean Front units too.

There is only one building at the Alex that is timeshare with 32 units.

Just thought i would pass this on for you Provo Lovers.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Timeshare sell off Sale @ the Alexandra Resort

We just bought our unit from a private sale last year and we have 65 years left on the deed, and it can be willed to your child(ren). We used it for the first time last June, and upgrades and changes to the Alexandra over the prior year made us happy we had made this purchase. And the appear to keep making upgrades and changes even over the past six months, all for the better.

It really was a no-brainer for us. We like to travel to Provo twice per year. Paid cash for this unit, and paid less than the Alex's current sale prices so it was a steal. Going forward, it will cost us less than $800 (or so as time goes on) for a full week for a one-bedroom, one-bathroom condo which is oceanfront on Grace Bay during the June week that we like to travel to Provo. If we don't want to travel the week we own, we can bank our week with Interval International, and use that week during another point in the year.

I realize the Alexandra isn't going to suit everyone - but we are middle of the road, beach bum travelers so it suits us very well. If you are as well, it may be worth your time and effort to look in to the possibility of owning a week there yourself. We plan to add another week or two on the front or back end of the week we own, so when retirement comes, we can be beach bums for a longer period of time.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Timeshare sell off Sale @ the Alexandra Resort

We were told all memberships expire in 2076.

muylinda, thanks so much for your feedback!!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Timeshare sell off Sale @ the Alexandra Resort

Hard to tell what is in the kitchen from the photos. Which units have a stoptop and oven? Is there BBQ grill access?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Timeshare sell off Sale @ the Alexandra Resort

Both the studio's and one bedrooms have a mid sized refrig. a two, or three burner stovetop. microwave, no oven. There are a couple grills at the bottom of the stairs for owners to use.They also have free washer/dryer in a seperate building, for the timshare owners.

The two bedrooms are fully loaded with the full kitchen, washer/dryer in unit.

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Timeshare sell off Sale @ the Alexandra Resort

We own a 1 bedroom which love but I have stayed in the 2 bedroom more than ours - if we brought another person we just upgraded, but the unit we upgraded to was sold last year! Don;t get me wrong, I love the 1 BR and the view is incredible but my heart aches for the 2 BR!

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Timeshare sell off Sale @ the Alexandra Resort

Good to know. I'll finally be there in about 3 weeks. Plan to check it out even though I swore I'd never buy another timeshare.

Minnetrista...
Level Contributor
282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Timeshare sell off Sale @ the Alexandra Resort

Gosh, where do we go to get information on these units to possiby consider buying in? I honestly have never been to T and C but I've been to Anguilla many times and know the beaches are much the same. I'm a huge, huge blue water white sand lover so this sounds very intreging to me. Keep us posted.

28. Re: Timeshare sell off Sale @ the Alexandra Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 07, 2014