We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

boston
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

My travel agent is suggesting I give Grace Bay a try ( after cancelling the Veranda) - they are coming in a bit less than Seven Stars. One of the big things I liked about Seven Stars was the ability to walk to dinner , IGA, etc.

Am I imagining it that it would be a much farther walk from GBC ?

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
Providenciales
Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

It really is not much farther to walk, maybe 10 minutes to IGA? And it is CLOSER to walk to my personal fave restaurant, Coyaba. I Love Grace Bay Club! Stayed there 3x before becoming Veranda regulars. We switched to Seven Stars from The Veranda this time only because we got an amazing rate there on the Flash sale (now expired) via Turks and Caicos Reservations and wanted to try something new.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

not really...GBC and Seven Stars are only seperated by OCW and the Pinnacle, actually fairly close together by Grace Bay geography. SS is a little closer to GraceWay Gourmet and Caicos Cafe, but GBC is alittle closer to Coco Bistro and Coyoba. Both are top end resorts and you can't go wrong with either choice. Both are walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
Providenciales
Graceway Gourmet
Graceway Gourmet
185 Reviews
Providenciales
Coco Bistro
Coco Bistro
5,360 Reviews
Providenciales
boston
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

I confused the markets - I meant Graeway Gourmet - where is IGA in relation to that ?

So you are saying all the restauarnts you both mentioned, are a doable walk from GBC ? Not to base the decision on this, but I really like being able to walk back from dinner to help things settle and maybe stop somewhere for a nightcap.

What is the difference betwen the Villa section and the adult only hotel ? The rate she is quoting me is in the Villa section.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

Ok.....Ziggy - Gigi....sit down.

Of the two....I would select Seven Stars.

But...if you can swing The Estates at Grace Bay Club....I would go there.

Tease......

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay Club
Grace Bay Club
1,838 Reviews
Providenciales
Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

I meant a 10 min walk to Graceway Gourmet, not IGA. SS is definitely closer...right across the street. But GBC is a tad closer to Coyaba, and Coco Bistro (and a slightly shorter walk to Ricky Flamingo's for a great beach lunch)! I have stayed in the villa section and the Estate section at GBC. The Estate is definitely the most swank but I would not pay top dollar to stay there again. (We stayed there when it first opened and the opening special for a 3 bedroom unit was actually less costly than a 3 bedroom in the villas.) The hotel is in between the villas and the estate. The upside of GBC is it stretches a huge, huge beachfront making it easy to find a quiet spot and they have a fabulous, new adult only pool. I get the sense that the basic room itself at SS might be a bit nicer/newer than at the villas at GBC. But the GBC is a great property. The only reason we don't stay there anymore was that we found The Veranda to be a better value. And, with lots of new resorts opening since our first stay in 2006, more luxury options available. I look forward to being able to compare/contrast the properties when I stay at SS in January for the first time. I don;t think you can make a bad choice if your options are SS or GBC!

Mentioned in this post
Graceway Gourmet
Graceway Gourmet
185 Reviews
Providenciales
Coco Bistro
Coco Bistro
5,360 Reviews
Providenciales
boston
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

I was all set to go back to SS - I know its a beautiful property - but then GBC got thrown into the mix. Turns out I am able to get an ocean front at either the villas or hotel for a bit less than a garden view/ half the size room at SS.

If I do go with GBC, I am leaning towards the hotel - its a smaller space, by about 400 sf, but it is just the 2 of us and quiet is our priority . Now tcimike throws the estates into the mix - if its just 2 of us - what does this offer over the hotel or villas ?

Either way I go - I am going to be spending ALOT more than planned since the Veranda was all inclusive.

I appreciate all of your insight .

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

First off, at Seven Stars call Yngrit, ask for specials. Tell her you saw specials on facebook, see if anything new. You'd save a lot. Can't believe 7 Stars would be more, GBC is the most expensive.

Both are lovely properties.

At Estates, what you get that original and Villas don't offer, is exclusive rights to Estates pool and beach bar/ restaurant. Say at Estates, playvat all 3. Stay at Villas, can't use Estates pool.

The original hotel, adults only, has a new really sleek infinity pool. Hotel and Villas you can enjoy both section amenities.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

Mike - I almost did fall down...but had a martini in my hand as i read this....love you!!!!!!

Yes - you can get a nicer, newer suite at Seven Stars than at GBC. I would call Yngrit directty at Seven Stars- tell her Gigi and Ziggy sent you...Uh-Oh!

I think after viewing all of the rooms /suites at GBC - nothing compares to the newness and views of Seven Stars....xxooo Gi

9. Re: Grace Bay Club vs Seven Stars - walking to restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, December 17, 2013