We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

Paris, Tennessee
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

Not sure which one to pick? Please Help! We are a couple in our 30s.The view from the room is very important to us. Able to walk to restaurants and such. Some activity but not party atmosphere or lots of children. Want a nice hotel but dont want to feel like I am in the super 8. Advice please!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

Ocean Club West definitely. The Sibonne while nice for what it is, has a "motel" feel about it and no pool to really speak of...it's good for budget travelers though as it has a great location on the beach. But OCW in my humble opinion is a much nicer property.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

Agree with Patty.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

No question OCW.... Just left there this morning.....wishing I was still there!!!!

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,475 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

OCW would be nicer rooms than Sibonne IMO.

However,,,,,Bay Bistro at Sibonne (owned and operated seperately from the motel) is a great restaurant.

Mike

Paris, Tennessee
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

A view from the room is very important to me. At the Ocean club West rate is 300 no With garden view at the other rate is 235 with beachfront room. Really torn!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
668 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

Try one place this year and another the next!

Paris, Tennessee
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

Are both within walking distance of shops and restaurants?

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

My vote is OCW

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

Sibonne is a budget "motel" type facility. I don't think most rooms have views. They face a parking lot. Pool is very small and basic. OCW grounds are much nicer, though I can't comment on how nice most of the views might be from the rooms. Restaurants are walking distance from both. Restaurants are spread out on the island, so not all are walkable from each of these resorts.

As Mike mentioned, Bay Bistro is at Sibonne-a fantastic restaurant.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Club West or Sibonne???

Definitely OCW. Have stayed there several times and booked again for April. Buildings A and B are ocean front. C and D are just back with great ocean views if you are on the second or third floors. Buildings E, F and G are a bit further back but also have great ocean views as long as you're not on the bottom floor. I have attached a link to the building layouts on the property.

oceanclubresorts.rtrk.com/…

Go to the top and click on Our Resorts then on the next window, on the left, click maps.

There is a nice bar/restaurant on property and many other restaurants as well as the grocery store within walking distance.

You can't go wrong with OCW, great staff, clean rooms, nice wide stretch of beach and a decent pricepoint.

Edited: 8:36 am, November 03, 2012