We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which do you perfer

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, Tennessee
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which do you perfer

Trying to decide between Ocean Club West Or Royal West Indies? Which do you prefer and why?

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which do you perfer

We stayed at OCW in June and really liked it. I loved their pool and the fact that the restaurant is right next to the beach with great ocean views, plus the food is delicious! It's also within walking distance to the grocery store and several great restaurants. They also offer a free shuttle to OCE and you can use their amenities as well....the beach up that way is very quiet and oh so beautiful!

I have never stayed at RWI but have dined there a few times. The property is very lush and beautiful and is on a great stretch of beach plus they have some beach amenities like hobies and kayaks that OCW doesn't offer. It's a bit further down the beach so a car is probably needed.

Both are great properties...I would be happier at either. Have fun deciding!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which do you perfer

Ditto to what Patti just said!!! Patti explained it perfectly!

Edited: 7:27 pm, November 01, 2012
Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which do you perfer

I agree with Patty as well. If you don't have a car and the prices are equal, I would probably go with OCW though. Both are great choices.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which do you perfer

And I would pick RWI over OCW (and have several times) since it is smaller, rooms are a little nicer in my opinion, and I like the architecture better. But as others have said, both are nice.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
641 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which do you perfer

I wld pick OCW...the area between the buildings is more far apart, when you are on the balcony of the RWI its very easy to see your neighbour across the way. Also in OCW they have those louvered windows which allow the breezes to flow thru...

6. Re: Which do you perfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 19, 2013