We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why turks and caicos

wayne, nj
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
why turks and caicos

looking for a new island to visit. I am a constant vacationer in st thomas, st john, aruba, and puerto rico. My wife and i are looking for a quick getaway but to a new location we've never been to. Heard great things about t and c, but not sure why. Need advice on why we should go here. Planning on a 4 or 5 day trip 3rd week of october. Looking for a real nice hotel with a beautiful pool and beach not too far from the airport. Also, advice on dining.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanking you in advance.

wayne, nj
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: why turks and caicos

Thanks. I'll check out Ual. Hotel budget is up to 300 or so a night, but obviously I would like less. Depends on how nice hotel is.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: why turks and caicos

Several resorts would work at $300/night , RWI, Ocean Club (east and west),The Sands,Alexandra just to name a few. Lots of great deals available for late October. Contact Val at www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc, Val and his team will be able to match you up with the perfect resort for you!

wayne, nj
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: why turks and caicos

unfortunately, i don't see were united flies from newark. Looks like only flights are jetblue out of jfk. Let me know if you know something i don't.

Springfield, New...
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: why turks and caicos

Make sure you're looking from EWR to PLS. I think United only flys direct on certain days depending if it's high or low season. I just checked for sat to sat at the end of October (20th- 27th) and United has a direct flight for those days. Your other choices our of Newark are American with a stop in Miami, US Air with a stop in Charlotte or Delta with a stop in Atlanta. Having done all of them except Delta, I'm always willing to pay a bit more to fly direct but the US Air flight wasn't bad either.

Somerset, NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: why turks and caicos

devlsfan, try www.vrbo.com. You can rent through an owner and save money. I am going in two weeks and got a one bedroom at Ocean Club East for $165/night; tax included. Here's the link: http://www.vrbo.com/328419

At Ocean Club you have the use of two resorts with a shuttle that takes you to each. Ocean Club West is near restaurants and shopping while OCE is in a quieter area.

I booked ahead from EWR to PLS and am only paying $423/person!!!

wayne, nj
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: why turks and caicos

ngrinthal, i'm on it... love that vrbo.com site.

also, jetblue just came out with low prices today on flights. as low as $153.00 one way on certain flights.

thanks for the info. looks like the way to go.

Somerset, NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: why turks and caicos

devlsfn,

Just realized you are going the same week we are; I think. We are leaving on Oct 21 for the week. We rented that one bedroom unit...not sure if you're interested in OCE...but they have two other units....a studio with a king bed and kitchenette that is going for $115/night (amazing price!!!) and a studio deluxe with two king beds and kichenette. The VRBO #'s for these are: 328427 and 317140. Great price on airfare on Jetblue!

wayne, nj
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: why turks and caicos

actually looking to go same week as you or the either of the next 2 weeks. Just wondering if first of november prices stay the same or go up.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: why turks and caicos

On which airline is this direct flight from Newark? The only direct flight I see is on JetbBlue for $1400!

Somerset, NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: why turks and caicos

I got a direct flight from Newark with United Airlines. I still see it when I go to United or Expedia.

Devlsfn...I know the rentals by owner that I used up their prices in Nov. Not sure about others.

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales