We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Wifi at Seven Stars....call or text US from Provo?

Missouri
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Using Wifi at Seven Stars....call or text US from Provo?

Anyone successfully use the wifi there...is it available poolside/lobby only or in the rooms also? Anyone have any success using Skype there to call/text the someone back in the US? I am trying to figure out a cheap way to check in with family back in the US while on vacation in Provo, without paying exorbitant fees Verizon charges. Any ideas?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
53 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Using Wifi at Seven Stars....call or text US from Provo?

I just returned yesterday from the Seven Stars. The wifi works in the rooms, at the pool, the restaurants and even at the beach in front of the property. I also have Verizon and they will charge 1.99 per minute for a call and .50 for a text (something like that.) The wifi in the rooms can be spotty. Used my iPad to communicate via FaceTime which I realize isn't an option for you. You could use email. The Verizon bill will be expensive if there are calls made. It doesn't matter who calls who.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
612 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Using Wifi at Seven Stars....call or text US from Provo?

We are downloading google voice,which,I am told is either free or very cheap to call the US with wifi from the hotel

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Using Wifi at Seven Stars....call or text US from Provo?

Glad to see I can bring my ipad and use it in my room at Seven Stars. Leaving a very old dog at home and want to check in on him everyday.

Texas
Level Contributor
577 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Using Wifi at Seven Stars....call or text US from Provo?

To "text" to a non-smartphone, get the email address for the provider and txt to that... Ie: (phone number)@txt.(carrier).net (whoever the carrier - google for that address and test before you leave - the example isn't generic) You can send via wifi email and they will receive via text.

Skype works well there, just may take a couple of tries as wifi is often spotty and/or slow at times.

Edited: 12:45 am, January 07, 2013
Providenciales
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Using Wifi at Seven Stars....call or text US from Provo?

We live at 7* and have no problem with WiFi, nor with skype < which is the best deal on the planet (next to AAA), IMHO. Free skype to skype and $30/YR from ANYWHERE to the US! How can you beat that??? I'm not a texter, so have no clue about that end.

16. Re: Using Wifi at Seven Stars....call or text US from Provo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 09, 2014