We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

Wilmington, Delaware
1 post
Save Topic
Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

Dear All,

We are trying to plan a wedding for 50 or so in late June 2013 and have narrowed down our options to the Grace Bay Club or Seven Stars - We are concerned about the hotel costs for our guests. Which option would allow them to stay at other resorts if needed? Both seem quite beautiful. Your thoughts are welcome. Thanks. Are there others we should consider?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,699 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

Both are quite beautiful.

Both have close by different options for more economical rooms.

GBC has Villa .del Mar right behind it, and OCW next to it. RWI and Caribbean Paradise Inn are a close by option too.

Seven Stars is in the middle and has tones of options, including the Comfort Suites (now called Ports of Call I think), and is close to OCW, island Club townhouses, White Sands Blue Waters (formally Trandwinds condotel), And the excellent Grace By Townhomes in front of it.

New York City
Level Contributor
183 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

Between the Seven Stars and the GBC is about a 5 minute walk, so your guests can have many options and price points from which to select. We have friends who used GBC for an anniversary party but offered guests options within a 5-10 minute walk (OCW, VDM, SS, Caribbean Paradise Inn, Comfort Suite, RWI). There is also VRBO -renting through a private owner-for these locations was well.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

Just keep this in mind....there are room number minimums to hold weddings on properties and you might want to check this out.

And what are the "rules" concerning whether wedding guests staying at other properties and "hanging" out at the wedding property where they are not registered guests. This should also be taken into consideration.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

Hi Debra, I am curious as to where you've decided to get married! I too am planning a destination wedding (Nov. 2013?) somewhere in the Caribbean. I am planning on having about 25-30 people....what did you decide on? what kind of package did they offer? it is all very overwhelming so I appreciate your input! :)

Level Contributor
210 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

I got married in Provo Feb 2011. Grace Bay Club handled the cocktail party (at the infinity bar area), and reception (we opted for Grill Rouge). Both were private. As the bride & groom we only had to stay there 3 nights. The rest of the time we, along with 20+ of our wedding guests stayed at Villa del Mar (directly behind GBC, across the street). We qualified for a discount, due to the fact we reserved 8 or 9 rooms. For a more budget friendly resort a few guests stayed at Carribean Paradise Inn, right down the street from GBC & VDM. I highly reccomend a lay out like this. Everyone was close by, and all had an amazing time!!! Good luck with your planning.

Edited: 8:26 am, January 23, 2013
Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

Val at wwwturksandcaicosreservations (toll free # on the website) just booked a friends wedding for 30 at The Seven Stars in May. He also is booking activities for the weekend for them.

Give TCR a call and ask about both SS and GBC.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

Thx for the info! Lodeko, did you have the ceremony on the beach at GBC?

Level Contributor
210 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

Yes, right on the beach.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

My daughter was married at GBC in November 2012 and it was absolutely perfect !!! Ceremony was on the the beach we had a cocktail hour at the lounge (the place with the fire pits) the horderves were delicious !! We then opted for a dinner on the beach with a bon fire afterwards. Photography was done by "Brilliant ". The photos are unbelievably beautiful. It was the most wonderful day ever!! The bride and groom had to stay at GBC but all our guests stayed at other hotel/resorts.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding at Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club

Banana that sounds just like what I want! What kind of food did they serve? Did the hotel cater, or an outside company?

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales