We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
577 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Hi all,

I know this has been asked numerous times but I searched a lot and couldn't come up with a conclusion, so I'm looking for any advice from the locals...

I'm looking for a one week trip in mid-november to Provo (wife and I, mid-20's) and am worried about the weather. On one hand I know it's warm and it's a very dry place, but on the other I know it's the end of (or just after) the hurricane season. What can the locals recommend? We don't mind it raining once or twice but don't want cloudy skies or rain during all our trip...

Please give your suggestions. Should we just postpone this trip?

Aero.

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
340 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Wife and I have been going right after Thanksgiving for two weeks going on 6 years now. Its a little later than your plans but we never get any where near a washout. Sure an occasional shower here or there but in all those years I think maybe we have had three rainy days but thats over many weeks. True it is the tail end of the storm season so there is that risk, get trip insurance. Think you will be fine but curious to hear what others think.

Edited: 9:15 am, July 18, 2012
Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

We were here last November 11-18 and I can't remember it raining a single day. It was beautiful. The water was a little bit rough, but not too bad.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
577 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Thanks for the comments guys! I appreciate it.. any other advice is welcome!

Aero.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Last November's Thanksgiving week was gorgeous. Lots of waves, but great weather. Two other weeks in November two years prior had a few rain drops, but nothing major. On the otherhand, many June trips and nothing but sun, but our trip this past June had very little sun. Point being, trying to guess the weather is beyond futile. Just go and enjoy!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Since hurricanes are unpredictable, self-contained storms and not regular weather fronts, I'm not sure what it being the end of hurricane season has to do with average weather. However, I was also there last year at mid-November, and thought it was fine.

Here are the averages...

turksandcaicosreservations.tc/weather.html

Edited: 11:22 am, July 18, 2012
Connecticut
Level Contributor
124 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

I've been there in mid November several times and in fact will be there mid November (11th-18th) this year. We've always had great weather alhough a couple years ago the water was a little rough as Provo did get impacted by one of the hurricanes a few weeks before we arrived. Of course I am counting on nothing but blue skies and sunshine when we are there in November.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
577 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Thanks again to everyone who contributed. Did the agitated water stop you from enjoying the beach activities (ex : snorkeling)?

@CaribDesi : care to elaborate on what you mean by "fine"? :)

Thanks to everyone.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

My wifes birthday is in November, and we are there that time every year....its lovely in November, sunny and dry but generally not too hot, water is a bit cooler than we like by then but still ok for a swim...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
577 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Les666... I saw your PM. Thanks for the help. It's reassuring to think we won't have to postpone...

Aero.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Fine: High in the mid-eighties, low in the mid-seventies. Spent my days on the beach, and enjoyed the Villa del Mar hot tub at night. Some light rain one morning, followed by more sunshine. Much nicer than the weather I left at home. :-)

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales