We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to bring =]

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MD
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
things to bring =]

Hey! I am the 15 year old daughter of this family. We will be leaving for the Turks next Monday, and I am concerned about what to bring. I always like to be prepared, and don't want to arrive at the resort and regret not bringing something that could've really helped. I've read through so many reviews, and it gets a little old after a while. SO I was hoping to create this forum specifically about what you should bring. I hope it will help some other travellers as well. Can't wait until my spring break at the islands!! =D Thanks.

Ocean Isle Beach...
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to bring =]

SUNSCREEN: Lots of it with a high SPF. Much higher than 30. We just returned last night and I wish you could see the some of the peeling and burn action on the stomach, chest, and backs of my 14 and 18 year olds. SPF 30 does not do it- even for me and I usuall use 15 b/c I tan easily. We liked Banana Boat Kids (SPF 50)continuous spray lotion, BUT YOU HAVE TO RUB IT IN and reapply often, especailly if you are in and on the water on an excursion.

Merrili: Listen to your elders when it comes to sunscreen in the T&C. It is not fun to come home and have that nice tan/burn peel off before anyone can see it!

Centreville...
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to bring =]

I always bring a cheapie blow up raft to float around in the water on.

Also bring some aloe vera gel in case you do get burned.

US
Level Contributor
189 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: things to bring =]

Bug spray. Use at sunset time on your ankles and lower calves.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: things to bring =]

A good hat, sunglasses, snorkel and mask, comfortable flip flops that can double for going out at night shoes, books/magazines, good camera plus get one disposable underwater camera for snorkeling pics, hydrocortisone cream (I got a bad heatrash, cream helped a lot), ditto on the bugspray and sunscreen.

Have fun!

MD
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: things to bring =]

THANKS EVERYONE=]

I've also been wondering how cold it gets at night. What are the heaviest clothes I should bring? Jacket, pants, etc?

Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: things to bring =]

just bring a light wind breaker or maybe a thin sweater at night sneakers if you plan on walking along beach rode to shops..

no long pants needed.. bring light stuff.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: things to bring =]

i think barefoot in the surf is the best way to walk the beach...i carry my flip flops and walk for hours somedays...it's marvelous...

bring lipscreen and also blistex incase the lipblock wasn't enough...it stinks when your mouth gets broken and drinking and eating becomes painful...

and bring a happy smile and determination to have fun...

oh and if you wanted you could bring a bottle of flea dip or collars to donate to potcake and her puppies...

;)

MD
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: things to bring =]

4 DAYS LEFT! getting closer...

but i have another question=P.

When i went to Mexico last summer they had this "environment safe" sunscreen. Do u have to use that at this resort? B/c i was thinking about getting it before we go, so we dont have to spend a fortune on it again like we had to in Mexico.

thx

Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: things to bring =]

Merrili Bring the sun screen and enjoy .. things are expensive there . Try and get to the Tiki Rest marina too if you like Ribs.

place is mobbed on Wed. Great Rest Pub scene !

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: things to bring =]

About a year ago I asked the same question, and I forgot one of the best recommendations! Blamona suggested taking a metal cookie tin for any delicate shells you find that you want to take home -keeps 'em safe on the plane.