We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

My husband and I are planning a trip to Beacues Turks and Caicos in May and are taking our two small children-3 and 7mos. We will be getting a basic room in the main building. Any insights if upgrades are ever available upon arrival? I would love to have a separate room since my infant goes to sleep very early, bur it was extremely expensive when I went to book the trip.

Also- any insights into kids club? Will the three year old be inside or do they take that age group out at all? Anyone know how they accomodate food allergies? (My 3 yr old allergic to nuts/fish)

Is the water safe at the resort for making bottles?

Can we bring kids rafts for use in the pools?

Any recommendation for a good babysitter for after hours?

Thanks in advance!!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

We traveled to Beaches last year with our then 8 yr,7 yr and 14 month old. I'll try to answer some of your questions:

"Any insights if upgrades are ever available upon arrival?" -- if you don't get an upgrade upon check-in, just keep asking. I'm guessing that in May it's not as full as the rest of the summer months, so you may be in luck. We did get an upgrade and the resort was full, but we are Sandals Signature Guests and are supposed to get one.

"Also- any insights into kids club? Will the three year old be inside or do they take that age group out at all?" Our kids loved the kids clubs. Yours will be in the Cuda Club together, and yes they do take them for walks, swimming in the baby pool, to get snacks, etc. There's also a playground outside. Sesame Street characters stop by to read books and the inside of the club is divided so that they can play, watch movies or nap comfortably.

"Anyone know how they accomodate food allergies? (My 3 yr old allergic to nuts/fish)" Not sure. Just make sure to put this on all paperwork and remind them.

"Is the water safe at the resort for making bottles?" I would purchase bottled water just to be safe, or bring some with you.

"Can we bring kids rafts for use in the pools?" Most of the pools have rafts, noodles, etc. for kids to play with. I wouldn't worry with packing those.

"Any recommendation for a good babysitter for after hours?" We used Monique and she was awesome. Choose someone who connects with your kids or who your kids seem to be drawn to. That's what we did and it worked out great!

Have a GREAT time . . . we're going back this summer!

New York City
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

Any insights if upgrades are ever available upon arrival?

ASK upon arrival, if you get to your room and unhappy, go back down and ask again. We are Sig guest members also and did not get one, but we had a concierge room, ask for a crib and bring sheets. Even in the Concierge suite, we had the baby in the crib next to our bed, you will be up so early you will be tired anyway.

Also- any insights into kids club? Will the three year old be inside or do they take that age group out at all? Your toddler will like the club and tons of activities, you may want to keep the baby with you,

Anyone know how they accomodate food allergies? (My 3 yr old allergic to nuts/fish)

I would have LABELS preprinted and stuck to your childs clothing, at all times when not with you, in black marker stating allergic to fish/nuts, its the tropics. Take no chances on a reaction!!!!!!!! Bring your own food if need be, last year i had to bring a case of food and all my sons drinks, it was a pain, but he had just leftthe hospital 1 day before we left. (long story)

Is the water safe at the resort for making bottles? Yes the water is safe and drinkable, you can also buy bottled water for $1 a bottle in the machines, (you get it free in a concierge room along with a stocked fridge and microwave, worth the $$ alone with 2 small kids, if you can swing an upgrade.

Can we bring kids rafts for use in the pools?

Any recommendation for a good babysitter for after hours?

I brought the floaty thing the baby sits in for the baby and glad i did, they have stuff, but it was so cute, people wanted to borrow it, i also packed sand toys, label everything you bring with a sharpie, and that stuff is so cheap you can just leave it there at the end of the trip.

We are going back for our third year, you will have a GREAT time, The plane is loaded with kids and babies and everyone is helpful and nice. I am serious about the allergies. Telling someone at the front desk is not enough, i would call ahead and ask them abou this, because even if food cooked in same oil etc.

New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

Thank you both for your very helpful comments. I am definitely taking the food allergies seriously and will take your advice about indicating them on a label for him. We are really looking forward to the trip!!

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
204 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

We are seriously considering Beaches in Dec. for our "at that time" 3 year old & 15 mos old.

If you have time and don't mind, can't you let me know how your trip goes. :)) I would love any input. I have all the same concerns and its so tough traveling with these little precious gems. We want the best for them thats for sure.

Thanks so much

Dotz

dm_funnygirl@hotmail.com :))

New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

I will definitely post once we are back from the trip and will let you know how it was.. We are looking forward to it!

Boston
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

My husband, myself, my son (5) are traveling to Beaches Turks and Caicos in may also. We are arriving on the 28th. I you are going before that, please post your thought when you return.

Thanks

New York City
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

NJ beach we leave on sunday when are you going?

New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

We are going the 15th-21st of May...any info you have when you get back would be great and I will do the same.

New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

We had a very nice trip in mid-May and I will now answer some of my own questions for any of you soon to be going:

1. We were able to get an upgrade to a room in the French Village which was great. The room was a nice size-a king size bed and two full size cribs fit. It was clean and we had no bug issues. An occasional ant but nothing you would not expect in the tropics. DId not see any of the rooms in the main bldg, but French Village definitely newer and nicer pool.. Being in one room with two kids was not easy but we managed and the noise from the stage in the Village was not an issue.

2. Kids club was great. My 7 mo old went each day for the afternoon and my 3 yr old enjoyed it as well. The staff was excellent. You give them instructions and they carry it through.

3. We did use sitters for 3 nights- had three different people and they all were great. Felt very comfortable.

4. I would bring sand/water toys. There are always other's kids toys around and they all basically shared-but Beaches does not provide any toys directly so I would bring to be sure. Also the sun is VERY strong and most parents bought a water shirt for the kids at the resort but I would pack some before you go or bring tee shirts-any top is a good idea for both girls and boys.

4. The water in the restaurants is filtered and you can get bottles at the front desk.. The water in the rooms is not filtered which I did not know at first. DId use it to make bottles for my baby for the first day but she was fine.

5. We had no allergy issues though I think they could do a much better job labeling the food and ingredients-especially the desserts. The chefs were available to talk to and we got an unsolicited call from the head chef which I thought was impressive.

This a really a great place to take children and we hope to go back again though would most likely go in winter as it was getting to be very hot and humid. Any additional questions-I would be happy to answer. Thanks

10. Re: Any hints for travelling to Beaches with a 3yr old and 7mo...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 15, 2009