We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

Incline Village...
Level Contributor
51 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

I am considering both the RG and the VR properties. I see with both that the pools are located in the front of the buildings vs on the beach side. Does anyone know why? Is it windy at the beach?. This seems odd to me as I love to be at a pool looking at the ocean. Can anyone give me insights to either? I know the RG is bigger, but what about overall ambiance? Do you feel closed in at either or is the area open?

Also, if the pool bar at the RG is not near the beach, is there bar service at the beach? Or do you need to go to the pool and fetch your own?

Thank you!

North Miami Beach...
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

RG and VR were built this way so that the owners of the condo's had the best of the views of Grace Bay beach. So from any ocean front condo you don't have the pool in the way, and can admire the fantastic views from your balcony! 95% of the condos in Grace Bay are suites, built on the condo model. Both resorts have pool bars and beach and pool service. If you want to admire the ocean while by the pool then they are not the resorts are not for you! But the RG pool is one of the nicest on island, with two jacuzzis - it is also heated, and rarely if ever in the shade! Which is great for early evening swims!

North Miami Beach...
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

Like any beach it can be windy, depending on the time of year, but not very often! According to the websites bother offer a beach service!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

Really tall buildings block the sun, the pool is cold, so building a pool on the north side of a tall building is not a perfect idea. Wind blowing sand into a pool creates other problems with filters and drains. Flowering trees, roots and small leaves too close by yet other problems. All things your architect should know.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

We love the Villa Renaissance. Yes, the pool isn't beachside but it's gorgeous, calm and peaceful. VR is a very quiet property, period, which is why we love it. As for beach service, I know that you can ask the bartender by the pool for a Vix menu and he'll place the order for you, and either he or one of the other VR employees will deliver it to you on the beach. A nice plus when you don't feel like leaving the beach.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
173 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

I may be incorrect but I don't think there are many "beach front" pools in the Turks. We stayed at RWI and I would not consider that to be a "beach front" pool

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,312 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

WindSong

Regent Palms

Veranda

Somerset

Grace Bay Club

All these resorts have views of the ocean from their pools.....best of both worlds.

Mike

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

Interesting thread. I always thought the Villa Renaissance and Regent Grand pools were among their best selling points.

Different folks, different perspectives I guess. :-)

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

I've stayed at the Regent Grand - you will not be dissappointed by the pool. It's beautiful and also heated! Something I haven't encountered at other properties on the Island. Of course, if you are traveling when it's quite warm it probably doesn't make a difference but in the month of December, when it can be a bit cool, it's a nice treat.

I'd be interested to know if they heat the pool at Villa Renaissance. Anyone know?

19. Re: Pools at villa renaissance and regent grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 19, 2014