We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orphanage Donation Question

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Orphanage Donation Question

Can anyone tell me if the orphanage takes donations of videos (not DVDs)? I have a lot of kids ones I can bring down. I emailed them to ask but did not hear back. Also, if they are in dire need for some particular items, let me know so that I can bring them down. We always try to help out at the places we travel.

Thanks!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orphanage Donation Question

The website for the Provo Children's Home (which I guess is the place you mean) has a 'wish list' which includes DVDs but doesn't mention videos. Lots of other needs though.

http://www.pch.tc/

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orphanage Donation Question

Thanks, what goes on. Was just hoping they could also use videos. I had seen the wish list; was just hoping someone might know what is more critical on that list. As I said, I emailed them and haven't heard back.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,473 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orphanage Donation Question

Funny you posted this. I just donated a 32 tv to them. They didn't respond to my email either but thru right away by phone.

Many on island still have a VHS player so it's possible.

turks and caicos
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orphanage Donation Question

Good morning!

This is Kim from Caicos Dream Tours! We also accept old clothing/item donations for the poor. I am trying to help a newly formed church in Five Cays with donations as the pastor says there are a lot of very poor families in need of food and clothing. Sorry, I am not sure about the VHS/DVDs. But if anyone has any clothing from infants sizes to adult I have many people who will be thrilled to accept it. MANY, MANY THANKS TO BLAMONA FOR HER VERY GENEROUS DONATION OF ITEMS THAT WENT TO MANY FAMILIES IN NEED! If you have the room, even a few items can go a long way. You can drop things off at our Alexandra office or I am more than happy to come and pick them up at your convenience! Thanks! Kim

Mentioned in this post
Caicos Dream Tours
Caicos Dream Tours
2,060 Reviews
Providenciales
Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orphanage Donation Question

Thanks for all the replies. I fill a suitcase to come down with whatever I can gather this week.

Austin
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orphanage Donation Question

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the update. We are headed down this June, plan to do another trip with Caicos Dream tours, and will bring all our daughter's outgrown spring and summer clothing with us. Glad to hear we can be of some use :)

turks and caicos
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orphanage Donation Question

Oh that will be wonderful!! I just had a lovely lady donate a sofa and loveseat to the church! They are so happy! Every item, big or small is such a big help! It really means a lot to those who have so little! Thank you so much...I will make sure it reaches the families in need! You can reach me any time!

Thanks again and God Bless!

Kim

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orphanage Donation Question

Wow...Kim good to know...I just delivered 5 boxes of awesome gently used clothes to my local St. Vincent De Paul today....I have 5 kids so needless to say we go thru clothes like crazy around here...We make a trip to Turks 1-2 times a year...I will try to sneak some in my suitcase next time...

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Orphanage Donation Question

Just imagine if everyone on this forum donated.... Wow, what a difference we could all make!

Thanks for the reminder!

turks and caicos
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orphanage Donation Question

Yes, it would be great and they are always so thankful and appreciative!