We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Provo Rent A Car

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Provo Rent A Car

Potcake or anyone who may know...is Provo Rent A Car within walking distance to OCW? Is it a recommended place to rent an SVU from for a few days? Are their cars reliable?

I tried to do an online reservation form but no one has gotten back with me in over two weeks and I see their prices are a bit less expensive than Avis or the other rental places.

Thanks!

mars

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Provo Rent A Car

Hi Mars,

Someone suggested Rent a Buggy to me on an earlier post. I emailed them and someone named Yvonne got back to me right away. She was extremely prompt and helpful. She said that they will drop off the vechicle where i am staying. Their rates are very good, too. Their website is www.rentabuggy.tc

Hope this helps. Just 8 days till i'm on the beach!!!

Alabama
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Provo Rent A Car

PlanetMars,

Let me know which one works out the best for you. We are staying on Sapodilla Bay the end of May and I know we'll need to rent a car to get anywhere! Someone mentioned Budget to me, but if we can get a better deal from a "local" I'd rather do that.

We'll be there from Saturday - Sunday of the following week (8 nights)...does anyone have advice on whether we will need to have the car the entire 8 days or is there a local shuttle bus that goes to the Sapodilla Bay area?

Mars, hope you got all your airline fiasco worked out.

Have a great trip!

From your "kindred" spirit afraid of flying!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Provo Rent A Car

PlanetMars,

Budget and all of the other car rental places here are owned by Turks Islanders..

If you are staying at Sapodilla Bay, I would recommend having a car for your entire stay.

It is out of the way from the resort end of the Island and no shuttle bus goes there.

Provo Rent-a-car has now moved to The Grace Bay road, by the Carters Cafe and it is within walking distance yes. But I am sure that they either pick you up or deliver the car to you.

They are a long standing company here and are as reliable as any of the others.

Alabama
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Provo Rent A Car

Potcake,

Thanks for the info! Is Budget located at the airport?

beachlover

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Provo Rent A Car

Sorry the Budget/Sapodilla Bay question is for beachlover66

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Provo Rent A Car

No, But close...

Budget is located in the Downtown Area.

They leave the car for you at the airport when you arrive and there is someone at the airport at the budget desk when you arrive to give you the keys.

You then return the car to The office near the airport and they drive you to the airport to catch your flight.

Alabama
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Provo Rent A Car

Thanks! Your info. has been invaluable to so many on this forum!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Provo Rent A Car

You are very welcome :-)

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Provo Rent A Car

Thanks so much potcake! You are very helpful!

And Beachlover66!!! I will definatley post about what I find out as well as a trip report, but I won't be there until May 1st!! So I'm sure I'll be on here plenty before then as well as letting ya'll know what happens with the Spirit Airlines bunkness!

And, we will have our laptops there since we have our own businesses and probably will be checking in daily since OCW has high speed...so I'll probably be posting stuff while I'm there as well!!

mars

Level Contributor
440 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Provo Rent A Car

potcake does this shuttle bus run out of the airport passing turtle inn and down to grace bay etc etc.?

I plan on renting a jeep at least a few days,

etc as I fly in this weekend to dive !

thanks .your info has been great on here !