We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turks in June

13 posts
Save Topic
Turks in June

First time going in early June and possibly staying at The Palms. Can anyone recommend some restaurants, must-do & nightlife (if any)? I've also read that there's a lot of new properties being built -- will this be a problem?

Any feedback on The Palms would be great as well.

Level Contributor
794 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Turks in June

There is construction currently on one side of The Palms at The Somerset but it is expected to be completed by the end of June. I do not think that you will be bothered by construction on the Islands.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turks in June

The Construction is at the back end of the Palms on either side.

The Somerset is due to open on June 1st, so that should be complete.

They are building a new building at The Alexander on the other side.

The Palms is a beautiful Project, great pool and one of the best spas anywhere.

They have had some complaints with service issues but they are going all out to correct this.

I would say that the major must do is a boat trip, all of the beauty of these Islands really is in the Water.

I love the Sail Provo trips.

I have said this before and I will say it again, for an Island this small we have a huge number of restaurants, and some really great ones at that. We have such a wide range of them too, there is truly something for everyone.

You have to go over to Da Conch Shack, you need a car/taxi and this is a local hangout, but it has just been moved to a new location in Blue Hills and it has really been “done-up” still Very, Very locally casual, just what it’s suppose to be. Go and see them make Conch salad straight out of the sea. Conch fritters are great and try some of their daily local fish, have it with fries and coleslaw or peas and rice to be really local. Ask for a pitcher of our local beer, Turks head to wash it down (Dress code, Cut offs and bikini tops)

The Bay Bistro at Sibonne, next to The Sands (westward) It is one of the older resorts and has one of the only restaurants right over the Beach. They have a new owner, and the food is great.

(Also great for dinner)

Mango Reef at The Royal West Indies. Probably the best value for money here right now, and very good, If you like Sushi they do a great sampler platter. They have a huge range on their menu from Burgers and wraps, to delicate soups, sushi as I said and steak.

It isn’t on the ocean but it always gets a nice breeze.

Baci’s in the Turtle Cove Marina. Very nice small Italian, Great Garlic Toast. Wonderful Pasta!!

Very reasonably priced too.

Fairways at the Golf Course. Great food, service, and miles of gorgeous Green Grass!!

Hemingway's at the Sands Resort. This is another restaurant that is very good value for money and is right up by the Ocean. Everything on the menu is good except the Crab cakes. (in my opinion)

I recently went to the Orchid restaurant at The Alexander resort and was very impressed. They have done it up and there is a new chef and new menu. It has a nice casual feel about it and I thought that they had a very good selection on their menu.

I love Magnolias, at the Miramar Resort Overlooking Turtle Cove Marina, Upscale but casual and friendly too. Owned and run by a couple that came here on their honeymoon about 15 years ago. Get there just before sunset and have a cocktail overlooking the whole Bay.

Great Food.

Anacaona at the Grace Bay club (no children under 12 yrs old) probably the most romantic restaurant here without question. Men have to wear long pants and a collared shirt.

Coyaba at the Coral Gardens resort has really great food, a little expensive! But the venue isn’t really that great. They have done very well with what they have, it’s quiet and romantic like a little English Garden but it can get a little hot if there is no breeze. Did I mention that the food was great?

Hemingway’s on a Thursday evening, They have live music that goes a little later than Tuesdays. Quinton Dean is a true star. If you closed your eyes you would think that there was a band of five people up there, not one man.

Grace’s Cottage is another very upscale restaurant at Point Grace, expensive but fab. The service at this resort is great and the food is divine.

Happy Eating!

Friday Night is the night to go out in Provo. The Ports of call has a restaurant upstairs called Calico Jacks. There is a live band there on a Friday Night. Dancing under the stars. Gets a little raunchy at times!!

Tuesday and Thursday there is live music at Hemingway's restaurant at The Sands. I love that Musician.

Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,988 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turks in June

Speaking of Quinton, he is so sweet. Whenever we return to The Sands, and he sees us while he is performing he changes the lyrics of his song and adds in, "Welcome home, Welcome home family..."

13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Turks in June

Thanks for all your great suggestions!! I was a little hesistant at first, because I've heard that the island is very beautiful but there's nothing to do. It sounds like they are really developing the island.

13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Turks in June

One more thing...

Just want to make sure that we are choosing the right resort. It was between Grace Bay and The Palms but I read in here that Grace Bay is very quiet and there's more going on in The Palms. Is this true?

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turks in June

The Palms is a busier resort then The Grace Bay Club, yes.

Fantastic Spa too.

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales