We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the excursion tours expensive? Do I have to shop...

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
2 posts
Save Topic
Are the excursion tours expensive? Do I have to shop...

I'll go to Turks and Caicos the end of April. Don't wanna stay on the beach whole week. Wonder if the excursion tours are affortable or extremely expensive? Also heard that food is not good there. Kind of worry.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the excursion tours expensive? Do I have to shop...

no worries mon....

the food on the island is wonderful...lots of restaurants to choose from...i wouldn't worry about the food at all...some have posted that it is amongst the best in the carribbean...

excursions run anywhere from $69-$200 depending on what tour you take...

look at the websites for the different companies...most of them offer similar tours at similar prices...if you do a search on this forum you can find web addresses and read of others experiences...

good luck...have a great trip...we'll be there the end of april too...62 days and counting

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the excursion tours expensive? Do I have to shop...

I agree with Justlaura. The food is delicious. We love Bay Bistro (try their conch entree, it is absolutely different and absolutely delicious!), Hemingways, Iguana and many others!

The excursions are such fun. There are five of us so we are a bit cost conscious. The half day tours range from $49.00 to $100 and are worth every penny! The coral and sea life is so vibrant. You won't regret a tour! Full day tours are a bit more expensive but usually include lunch. The good news with most of the resorts is that they are condo type rooms so you can at least eat breakfast in your room to save some money!

Have a great time in Provo! Moms

Montreal
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the excursion tours expensive? Do I have to shop...

Thanks guys!! Can't wait to go!!!!

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the excursion tours expensive? Do I have to shop...

Food is excellent. For dinners, for two expect to pay anywhere from $75 to $150, including tip and wine (of course this is most places - you can find cheaper), but there is no McDonalds on this island!! :-)