We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tipping

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
tipping

Will be at the Sands in July, how much should I plan on tipping the maid staff each day? Any other people that I should plan on tipping? Also should I plan on tipping the Gecko driver? Thanks!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,722 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tipping

At The Sands I always tip the housekeeper the second or third day, To be sure it is the same lady. Usually $20.00. Then the second to the last day, incase we dont see her the last day, another $20.00. Based on a one week stay. When you arrive they have bellmen to help you, after check in, with your luguage. You should tip him. Afew dollars per bag. Also, when I go to the IGA and have alot of groceries, I ask the bellman to help me and he gets a big luguage rack and together we load and he pushes to the room. He always helps me bring them right onto the kitchen counter. I would tip him about $10. At the end of our stay we also tip a few people at Hemingways that have been so kind and helpful to us over the past several years that we have been going to The Sands. Have a great time!

Houston
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tipping

We tipped the Gecko driver $1 every time we used it. We rarely saw anyone else tip though.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tipping

don't forget your taxi and shuttle drivers...i think tipping is really appreciated...even a dollar or two...we always tip the captain of whatever boat trips we go out on as well ($20 usually)...they work so hard to make sure we have a good time i'm sure a little extra is appreciated...

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales