We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach towels & restaurant distances

Level Contributor
1,703 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
beach towels & restaurant distances

Should I bring our own beach towels or we will find plenty at RWI? Don't want to lug towels if I don't need to...

Also, which restaurants are walking distance from RWI? Am I correct that Coico Bistro, Bay Bistro and Hemingways are? is it best to waklk on the beach to Hemingways? And Ports of call is walking distance too?

Thank you!!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach towels & restaurant distances

You certainly may walk to Bay Bistro and Hemingways on the beach but it is a rather long walk. Maybe 20-30 minutes. The good news it that it is such a great beach on which to walk. Take a flash light with you as some of the stretches of beach that are currently unoccupied and/or under construction can be dark at night. If you are there over a full moon, you may not even need a flashlight! Great restaurant choices, by the way! Have a spectacular time! Moms

Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beach towels & restaurant distances

My husband and I brought beach towels last July and never used them. We were always able to find towels at RWI although sometimes the desk was out and we had to go to the beach or vice versa.

We walkde to Ports of Call from RWI a couple of times, but we took the street. I think we even walked to the Saltmills once. We had Gecko passes so we rode the Gecko 99% of the time. We only walked to/from if we had just missed the Gecko and didn't feel like waiting for the next.

Level Contributor
693 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach towels & restaurant distances

When we were down there a couple of weeks ago, they were just finishing the sidewalks, which makes it easier to walk. You'll have to walk on the street/sidewalk to go to Coco Bistro, a pricey restaurant but good. I've seen a couple of recommendations for Hemingways on this site, but we didn't like it that much for what we paid. The setting was nice, but you can find that anywhere. Rent a car for just one day to go to Smokey's (awesome, inexpensive) and see Chalk Sound, etc. Definitely a wonderful day. After snorkeling, that would be the second best activity to do down there.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach towels & restaurant distances

Walking Distance from RWI.

Coco Bistro,

Anacaona at The Grace Bay Club

The Grill at the Grace Bay Club

The Cabana bar and The Gecko Grill at Ocean Club East

The Seaside Cafe at Ocean Club West

Chinson Golden Pagoda at The Grace Bay Court

Caicos Cafe at The Caicos Plaza

The restaurants at the Ports of Call

I would say that Bay Bistro and Hemingway's were too far to walk to easily. Unless you were walking down there to have lunch and wanting to enjoy a leisurely stroll.

The Gecko goes to all of the restaurants in the Grace Bay and The Turtle Cove area.

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales