We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches resort--tipping???

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glen Rock, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
beaches resort--tipping???

please help-what is the consensus at the Beaches TC. is tipping required/ expected etc for anything. I dont want to short-change anyone.. or insult. Do I have to bring a lot of extra $$$ given how expensive things are in the first place. thanks

tai
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
100 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches resort--tipping???

We tried tipping our driver and he would not accept a tip. We did however leave a note and a tip for our housekeeper.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches resort--tipping???

Our first trip to Beaches is in less than 2 weeks, so I don't know what is customary there. However, we have stayed at Club Med in Punta Cana, also a family all-inclusive. They had a mandatory no-tipping policy, which I only strayed from on a few occasions. I left small gifts for housekeeping every morning - small lotions, perfumes, etc. This extra gratuity got us fresh flowers, extra towels and other items that seemed like extra touches. The only other departure I made was with the counselors for the Kids Club. I was so impressed with how hard they worked and how much fun my kids had - I didn't intend for them to be there the ENTIRE time, but could barely get them to eat dinner with us for 30 minutes before begging to go back! So I tipped each of them something like $10 or $20 US. There were about 10 of them for my 2 kids - but it was well worth it. They refused a couple of times, but I insisted. I felt it was the least I could do. I don't think they get paid a lot.

So bottom line - tipping is not expected at an AI, but if you feel someone has gone way above and beyond, it is a nice gesture, IMO, to offer them a tip. If they refuse, at least they know you were grateful. These days with so many rude people in the world (especially travelling) I am sure just even the thought would be appreciated.