We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? need for rental car

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
orlando
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
? need for rental car

I am planning a trip to TCI in march. Am staying at the Alexandra condos for 1 week. I have 2 teenage kids, 17 and 15. Plan is to do alot of nothing with some diving/snorkeling, boating and sight seeing. Is a rental car advisable and if so should I get one for the entire week?

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ? need for rental car

From what you are describing, I would say probably not, if you just want to relax on the beach for a week.

Some of the best sightseeing here is done from a boat. Everyone must really take at least one boat trip while they are here. The Beauty of these Islands is in the water.

We have a shuttle service now called the Gecko and it is very easy to get around without a car.

Now, If you wanted to do something other then lay on the Beach (what a beach!!!) then I would recommend a car for one day. You can drive over to the other side of the island. It is very different there, the water is a vibrant hue of blue at Chalk Sound. You can take a look at the Sailors etchings in the rocks over looking Sapodilla Bay.

You could also go over to Blue Hills and eat at the Conch Shack.. This really is a must do.. Watch them get conch straight out of the Ocean, great local food and atmosphere!