We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

children and oc or ocw?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
indianapolis
1 post
Save Topic
children and oc or ocw?

we will be travelling to tc in late March. We are trying to decide where to stay. We are considering Oc or OCW? What is the difference in accomodations? the Price a Oc seems to reasonable relative to other locations. Why? Also we are traveling with a 6 and 7 year old and would like to know if there are any activities at or near this location? Is it with in walking distance of activities for small children? My kids love the beach and only need about 3 or 4 activites for the entire trip. Please help. have heard of captain bills pirate adventure?

Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: children and oc or ocw?

i don't think there is much difference between oc and ocw except location on the beach...oc has 2 pools ocw has one...ocw is a year or two newer and seems set closer to the beach but the rooms and resorts are pretty much the same caliber and the rates for each are the same...our photo gallery at provobums.com has a bunch of pictures from our various stays at ocw...check it out if you want to see the rooms and resort and beach...staying at one means you can use both properties which is really nice...

i just read about ocean clubs new kid stop...it's for a fee but there are movies in the evening and activities during the day for kids under 12...i think i read about it on oceanclubresorts.com...

captain bill's outback adventure is a ton of fun...a beautiful boat ride...priate caves to explore...great snorkeling and a bbq lunch that was awesome...captain bill makes this special cole slaw and insisted we try it on a hot dog...it was yummy......

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: children and oc or ocw?

Captain Bill's is a great tour and I am sure your kids will love it! My three did! Do a search under tours with kids in the Turks and Caicos forum and you will get a ton of info on traveling to TCI with kids. It is such a great place. My three love it! Happy travels!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: children and oc or ocw?

By the way, I just posted to the thread "tours/charters" and reviewed J & B Tours, Sail Provo and Captain Bill's. Others on that thread have responded with their reviews as well. Please check that thread. We have taken each of the tours with our kids ages 8, 10 and 12. Have fun! Mom

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales