We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours / Charters etc

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tours / Charters etc

I will be traveling to T and C the last week of Feb. Can anyone recommend tours or tour companies? I have the website for J and B Tours. Anyone used them and have any recs? Thanks for the help!!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,035 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours / Charters etc

JB Tours is great.

Also look into www.silverdeep.com

and my new fav, www.sailprovo.com

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours / Charters etc

We have been going to the Turks and Caicos for years now, and I find Caicos Dream Tours to be one of the better excursion companies. Its fairly new to the Island and has a hut on the beach between the Palms resort and the Alexandra Resort. They have a half day snorkel and a full day snorkel with BBQ on a deserted Island. You also dive for conch to make conch salad for the BBQ.

I also like Sail Provo for the sunset sail.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours / Charters etc

Sorry i forgot the web site

www.caicosdreamtours.com

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
224 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours / Charters etc

We've been on a couple of excursions with Caicos Dreams Tours also. We had the same great experience as Camke. They take out less people so the trip is more personalized. We think they're great!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours / Charters etc

We have taken tours with Sail Provo, J & B Tours and Captain Bill's Pirate adventure. In terms of snorkeling tours, our favorite was the J & B Native Tour. We had the nicest crews on both of the native tours we took (one in April, one in November). They take you to two snorkeling locations, both spectacular, then they take you to a sandy snorkeling area where you dive (10 - 15 feet) and retrieve conch. Finally, they take you to a beach where they empty the conch shells and make a wonderful conch salad. All of us loved it (mom, dad and 3 children ages 8-12).

For something very different, we loved Captain Bill's Pirate Adventure. It departs out of the south side of the island, stops at two very good snorkeling locations, not as colorful as the north side of the island but by any other Caribbean island standards, excellent. It then goes to the pirate caves. Real, honest to goodness pirate caves. The tour is excellent and Captain Bill is quite a fun character! Finally, you are taken to an uninhabited beach for a beach barbeque and swimming. It was a great day!

As for Sail Provo, I think we did not take the best tour for our gang. We took the sunset cruise. My husband and I anticipated that there would be more adults on this cruise than children and we worried that our gang would slow the others down, especially when it came to snorkeling. We stopped on Iguana Island for a very good tour, although I don't feel a need to hurry back for another tour, then stopped in two locations for snorkeling. We quickly learned that the people who take the sunset tour are not interested in snorkeling at all. We stayed in the water longer than anyone else! These folks just wanted to drink on a boat at sunset. It worked out great for us because while they partied, respectfully mind you, but heartily, we enjoyed the snorkeling. As the sun began to wane, we returned to the boat with our kids, enjoyed a rum punch and a leisurely ride back to shore. It was fun but our gang would have been more comfortable with other children on the cruise or maybe a few more people interested in snorkeling. It is a great cruise for couples.

I hope this info helps! Have a great time!

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours / Charters etc

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me out!

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours / Charters etc

Does one need to make a reservation with any of these operators far in advance, the day before, or the morning of?

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours / Charters etc

Call when you get here. They have to have so many people to go.

Also Sail Provo does different tours on different days, so you can plan your time here around that.