We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Turks and Caicos

SE OK
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches in Turks and Caicos

I was just wondering if all of the beaches in T & C are public or private? I am trying to decide my next vacation destination, and want a place with awesome beaches. Also, do you guys have any recommendations on places to stay if you are on a budget?

Thanks!

Toronto
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Turks and Caicos

The beaches in Provo are uncrowded and are some what private. There is public access at each road that allows you access to the beaches and you can walk on them it seems forever. You could sit or snorkel on any part of the beach, but you have to respect peoples private property that back onto the beaches. I have stayed at a two bedroom and two bathroom house in the Turtle Cove/ Smith's Reef area. It was very clean with daily maid service and it was right on the beach. The price was very reasonable (around the $2000 area) and fully furnished with air conditioning. It was called Windows Ala Mar and you could find it online and get more information. I was there in May and will be going back there June of 2006 with three other adults. You are able to snorkel directly off the property.

Mentioned in this post
Turtle Cove
Turtle Cove
Providenciales
Smith's Reef
Smith's Reef
211 Reviews
Turks and Caicos
Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Turks and Caicos

All of the beaches in the T and C are Public, They are owned by the Crown, so are open to all, except for the privately owned Islands.

Providenciales has many great stretches of beach, Grace Bay just won an award for the worlds best Beach. You can find many stretches of beach here with not a soul on them.

It is hard to know what your idea of a budget hotel is, but take a look at Sibonne, and the Royal West Indies, for great places on the Beach.

We have a comfort Suites here which is probably the most budget place that is still walking distance to the beach. It's just across the road.

There are also some lovely guest houses and condos here too. We can give you some recomendations if you want to go that route.

Take a look at the hotel section here and see what others have said.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,110 Reviews
Providenciales
Sibonne Beach Hotel
Sibonne Beach Hotel
558 Reviews
Providenciales
Royal West Indies Resort
Royal West Indies Resort
2,066 Reviews
Providenciales
Detroit
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Turks and Caicos

Potcake, you said you could recommend some guesthouses or villas. I would love to hear your recommendations. We are looking for a 2 bedroom, preferabally waterfront, in Feb/March of next year.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in Turks and Caicos

Sorry I missed this question!

There are some lovely private villas here there is one just up from Coral Gardens called villa Oasis. www.villaoasis.com right on Grace Bay.

They are some beautiful homes here. You can rent both private houses and condos in the resorts. I believe that a lot of the others on this forum highly recommend going through www.vrbo.com

You can also look at these two sites www.TCsafari.tc and www.caribbeanway.com

They have some beautiful properties on them.

Take a look and if you can narrow it down a little then I am sure we can help you out with any questions that you have about them.

Some of the more popular villas are

http://www.emeraldshorestci.com/

http://www.sunsetpointvilla.com/

www.aquamarinebeachhouses.com

www.sandstonevilla.com

www.oceanpointvillas.com

http://www.northshorevillas.com/

Any questions about a villa, just ask and I’ll try and help out where I can.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,110 Reviews
Providenciales
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches in Turks and Caicos

Potcake:

Do you know anything about Coral House of the Blue Coral Villa pair, near Turtle Cove? Is it rocky beach there? How far from beach? How far from Marina? We know Provo somewhat. Many Thanks,

Palamine

Mentioned in this post
Turtle Cove
Turtle Cove
Providenciales
Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches in Turks and Caicos

palamine

This is an older Island style property in The Turtle Cove area.

It is about a 3-5 min walk to the Beach.

10 to the Restaurants in the marina.

This is still Grace Bay Beach, but much further down near the Westerly end.

If you know Provo Somewhat.. Do you know where The Shark Bite Restaurant is in the Marina?

If you come out onto the boardwalk to the right of SharkBite and look right up the Canal, These Villas are just past the end of that Canal.

The beach right near these Villas is nice. It is not quite as perfect as further up Grace Bay, but it comes close. Plus you will have it all to yourself I am sure.

Further on down Westerly is The Smiths Reef. This area is pretty Rocky. Great for snorkeling though.

Mentioned in this post
Turtle Cove
Turtle Cove
Providenciales
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,110 Reviews
Providenciales
Sharkbite Bar & Grill
Sharkbite Bar & Grill
916 Reviews
Providenciales
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches in Turks and Caicos

Thank you very much for the information. You do a great service! :-)

Macon, GA
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches in Turks and Caicos

Potcake,

my family is going to be on Provo in early April and are renting Seaside Villa (rented through Marketplace Villas)on Sopadilla Bay. It apparently has its own small beach. Are you familiar with it or the area? We'll be four adults and two toddlers (1 1/2 and 3 1/2) and are hoping that we were wise in taking Seaside Villa. Any information you can give us will be appreciated.

Macon, GA
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches in Turks and Caicos

Potcake,

my family is going to be on Provo in early April and are renting Seaside Villa (rented through Marketplace Villas)on Sopadilla Bay. It apparently has its own small beach. Are you familiar with it or the area? We'll be four adults and two toddlers (1 1/2 and 3 1/2) and are hoping that we were wise in taking Seaside Villa. Any information you can give us will be appreciated.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,523 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches in Turks and Caicos

prizen, Sapadilla Bay is awesome for toddlers. The water there is always calm, clear, and very shallow. You can walk out for yards and not be more than waist deep, in January it's only knee deep. Great Beach for picnics, great to look at, excellent for little kids.