We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Gardens Construction?

Save Topic
Coral Gardens Construction?

We are planning our honeymoon for May 2005 and have gotten a fabulous deal for 7 nights at Coral Gardens, but are hesitant becasue of the possibility of construction at this property. I called the 800 number and they told me the new phase would not be complete until late 2005. But is the construction disruptive? Will heavy equipment be waking us up at 6:30 a.m. on our Honeymoon? Has anyone been lately who can offer insight to this?

Any information on this construction or the Coral Gardens in general would be helpful.

Woudl Royal West Indies be a better option for us?

CALIFORNIA
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Gardens Construction?

We are going in june this year. I called the hotel and they confirmed there is construction in back of the hotel. All pools and restraunts are open. She said it shouldnt be disruptive unless you hang out in the parking lot...

buffalo new york
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Gardens Construction?

Yep, I called on Wed. evening and was told the same thing. But I was supposed to start in 2004 & still has not, it could start anyday she told me or in 2 months? Therefore I booked another property, too much money to chance. But I am worried about missing out on being that close to such a great snorkeling reef! We will be at RWI, 5miles Down the beach. You will be traveling during off season so I keep checking around for those deals. Good luck, & congratulations.

jeanneor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Gardens Construction?

we just stayed at the tuks and caicos club at christmas. while the hotel was lovely, the island leaves much to be desired. coral gardens, like most properties there, is a construction site. not a great honeymoon choice for spring of 05. go somewhere that you'll be guaranteed perfection like caneel bay or la samana

New Jersey
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Gardens Construction?

Don't worry about construction at Coral Gardens! It hasn't begun yet (Jan 2005) and, when it does, the construction site is NOT directly adjacent to the main property. Coral Gardens has the best location on the beach and, once you are there, service is top notch. I've tried them all, and Coral Gardens is the best.

New Jersey
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Gardens Construction?

The Coral Gardens construction is not directly adjacent to the existing property, so you should not be worried about noise or other construction interference. Coral Gardens is top notch -- far better than Royal West Indies. Go to Coral Gardens and enjoy !

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Gardens Construction?

Hi, my husband and I are planning a trip for May 05 also. I was just wondering where you got your fabulous deal?? I have been searching but am unable to find one. Thanks, Regina

Milkauskas@yahoo.com

Nashville, TN
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Gardens Construction?

Hmmmm, I have never stayed there, ate there and the food and drinks are wonderful (April '04) Just got back (1/22/05) and several of the people on our dive trips (a group of older men from Boston) were staying there and I heard several complaints about early morning noise, and our boat trips left at 8:15 am. There is going to be alot of construction on that island for quite a while to come as it develops more. The Sands is an awesome place and I would say that construction is less and less as you get toward the northern side of the island. That's Beaches, The Sands, etc. Good luck and Congratulations!!!

Vancouver, BC...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Gardens Construction?

hey HoneymoonerTN,

How good is your deal? Did you deal directly with Coral or thru your agent? It's about 250+ per nite as advertised on the site. THx!!

new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral Gardens Construction?

I would also like to know where/how you got a great deal at Coral Gardens. I'm planning a 3 night trip there in March and am hitting a wall looking for a "deal".

Florida
Level Contributor
483 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coral Gardens Construction?

I am getting married at The Sands at Grace Bay in August 2005. We are getting 6th & 7th night free.

You might consider this hotel.

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales