We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med Turkoise, November 2005

Toronto, ON
2 posts
Save Topic
Club Med Turkoise, November 2005

Hi There:

A friend and I will be travelling to Club Med Turks 'n Caicos at the end of November for our first time. This is a dream vacation of mine... I've heard the most amazing things about the resort, the people, as well as the island itself. Just curious if anyone is heading there at that time... Or, better yet, anything we need to know?

Thanks a million,

foxxy

little rock, ar
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Med Turkoise, November 2005

I have not been there but I am considering going in Jan. I would love to know your opinion on the resort. Thanks

Washington dc
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Med Turkoise, November 2005

Hi Foxxy Brown,

I have done 12 club med trips. I will be going

to turks over Nov 20 -27th. This will be my

6th time to turks. Just go with a good attitude and have fun!! Best way to meet people is to get involved and you will meet a ton of people from everywhere.

You would want to go to sharkies for

happy hour with Daniel, that is one of the

best times. Drinking and hearing him sing with the sunset behind you. Its alot of fun.

One thing to know, bring lots of bug off.

The mostiqos can be bad at night. You would

want some bug spray because sometimes the bugs are bad at night, sort of bad if it rains alot.

lc - from washington dc

San Diego...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Med Turkoise, November 2005

I am going to Club Med Turks on 11/24 throught the 29th. I have not been there beofre but I have been to 3 others. I went to Cancun last year and had a total blast. See you there!

San Diego...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Med Turkoise, November 2005

I am going to Club Med Turks on 11/24 throught the 29th. I have not been there beofre but I have been to 3 others. I went to Cancun last year and had a total blast. See you there!

Washington dc
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Med Turkoise, November 2005

Hi Missy40/foxxybrownn,

I was thinking last night and remembered 2 other things that I wish I had known before

1st time at Turks.

1. You might know this, but it deserves repeating. Be sure to bring lots of suntan lotion and put it on, even if cloudy. The sun in Bahamas is really strong. If you are 1/2 Irish like me, you burn real easy. On one trip, a guy fell asleep by the pool/ didn't put any sunscreen on and looked like a lobster and actually got sun poisoning.

So remember to apply sunscreen!!

2. At night, around 7:15 or so, people meet

by the bar to mingle and then go eat. When you

eat, you sit with group of people (sometimes random or if you are with group of people). Might want to bring something sort of nice to wear at night. T-shirts and swimming suit wouldn't be right. You don't have to dress up formal like cruise, but bring something a litter dressier than cut off jeans and Harley motorcycle t-shirt. I bring collared shirts and

nice short pants. Its warm there, so wouldn't want any wool stuff or something like that.

3. Also, I would recommend going snorkeling or sunset cruise. Turks is a protected environmental area. The water is actually very

beautiful. You can see 100 feet down and see the bottom of the ocean. If you go diving/snorkeling, you would want to experience this. Seeing a sunset a sea is very nice. I am ex Navy, seen many sunsets at sea. Something you should experience at least once.

Missy40 = yes, I have been to Cancun (3 times)

Martinque (twice) and Paradise Island 1 time.

Turks and Cancun are my favorite. The actually closed club med in cancun until March 18th because of huricanne wilma. Cancun got hit really hard.

lc

Montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Med Turkoise, November 2005

Hey Missy. I'll see you there as well. Arriving on the 25th in the afternoon.

San Diego...
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Med Turkoise, November 2005

purcel - see you there!

Thanks VA Guy for the tips. I am so excited. I ahve never been to the Bahamas. I am from San Diego and I usually go to Hawaii or Mexico as the flights to the Bahamas are way too expensive. I am using frequest flyer miles this time. Yipeeeee!

Washington dc
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Med Turkoise, November 2005

Hi Purcell, Missy40

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I will try to keep an eye for you the day you arrive.

You can find me at the bar. Bar is like one at cancun, its right beside the pool and dinning hall.

Missy - hopefully you don't get hurricanes like we do on east coast!!!!!

Just FYI - another hurricane might be forming

in the carribean. It will be called gamma.

Still kind of early to determine where it might go. (its called Tropical Storm 27) right now. The best map that I found on internet is www.nhc.noaa.gov They have a 5 day forcast path. If you click on that twice,

it blows up the map really clearly. Turks and

caois is straight North of where Hati verbage is on hati/dominion republic island. This forcast show's it missing Turks, going into Mexico. Might have to watch what happens after that, It might stall near mexico then swing north/east like Wilma did....

Below is blown up map that I got from internet

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/145947.shtml?5day?large

lc

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales