We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newcomer to Turks and Caicos

Atlanta, GA
2 posts
Save Topic
Newcomer to Turks and Caicos

My friend and I are headed out to Turks & Caicos in late January. We're staying at Club Med. From the reviews we should have a good time, we're both 25 and single. Do they offer scuba diving on the resort? I've never been, would I have to get certified? Is it rainy that time of the year? Will I be able to get a tan? Where can we go to party? We want to have a blast. Any suggestions?

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newcomer to Turks and Caicos

Yes they offer Scuba and you can take a resort course while there to get certified.

We do not have a rainy season here. It is a little cooler here then, but nothing to speak of. The water rarely goes below 80 degrees. You certainly will get a tan, even if it is cloudy. Be careful, the sun here is very strong.

You do not need to look any further then Club Med to party. It is party central.

If you do want to venture out then Friday night is a great night to do that. Just a little down the road from Club Med is a Place called The Ports of Call. They have a live band on a Friday night which attracts all the locals. Dancing under the stars.

(Can get a little raunchy from time to time)

Have a wonderful time.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
643 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newcomer to Turks and Caicos

I was at the RWI next door this year during that same timeframe, the weather was exceptional, you'll have a wonderful time!! I wish we were going back soon.