We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

We will be in Provo for our son's 10th birthday. He requested dinner at the Bay Bistro but it appears to be closed on Tuesdays and his birthday falls on a Tuesday. Instead we thought we would surprise him with a Beach BBQ snorkel trip. He loves snorkeling! We took the Native Tour through J and B tours when we were in Provo last April. We loved it. We have one problem, our son is not wild about fish and seafood although he does, generally, have an adventuresome palate. (Afterall, his favorite restaurant in Provo is the Bay Bistro) We are traveling with another family so there will be 7 children and 4 adults. I would appreciate any recommendations for good snorkeling and a varied menu. Thanks, MOM

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

You can Charter a boat from Sail Provo www.sailprovo.com

Beautiful boats, two bathrooms, easy on off access, steps to the beach. they will take you were ever you want to go, over to Iguana Island, Out snorkeling at the reef, shallow snorkeling for sand dollars.

They will include what ever food you want and drinks.

This is a once in a lifetime trip, magical.

Talk to Crystal

Also J and B and Silver deep do a day trip to Middle Caicos, they include sandwiches, pasta salads, potato salads etc.

The other one that springs to mind is Captain Bill's Outback adventure. He Did a Pirate cruise that was truly great. It was out of the south shore from Sapodilla Bay. They Pick you up from your hotel.

You go off and snorkel around Turtle Rock and then go off to a pirates cave and climb up to a part of the Island that you can only get to by boat. There he shows you the carvings that were made by the pirates to mark out their treasure. Duplicates of these have been made and you can see them at the check in lounge at the airport on the wall.

After a Pirate show..... He takes to to a deserted beach were you have a BBQ. Chicken wings, sandwiches, garlic bread, salads and fruit salad.

He does water skiing and then after a afternoon of snorkeling for sand dollars, you have a great ride home.

I haven't seen him around for a while, so I would just like to check for you if he still does this. With your goup size you could charter the whole boat for yourself.

Tons of fun. I loved that trip.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

Thanks Potcake. I would love to hear some more info on Captain Bill's Pirate Adventure. We will be traveling in 4 weeks so please let me know if you are able to locate Captain Bill. Thanks again!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

I'll go pirate hunting later. lol

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

Hi mom,

Captain Bill is here and is Pirating away as always!!. He had stopped for a while while he re fitted his original boat and also bought a new catamaran too.

Call him on (649) 941 5810 or (649) 231 0824

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

Thanks so much Potcake. I'll give him a call. Do you have any idea how much this wonderful Pirate adventure usually runs? It sounds like such fun but also sounds extremely expensive! (It may just be worth it!)

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

You aren't going to believe it but it really isn't.

I think that it is approx. $79 Adults $35 kids and he also does something called a super saver. It used to be on a Thursday I think, and if you called by 4pm on the Wednesday then you got an extra $10 Off. Anyway, It is very good value for money for the whole day. Educational too, Very relaxing and As you go around the corner from Sapodilla bay you get a great view of an Osprey's nest. Stunning.

Ask him about the numbers that you have going. He might say that you have enough to get a boat by yourselves, but I think that his brand new boat is a little bigger. So others might be on it with you, but that is often a fun way to meet others?

He will do a private charter if you would prefer that. Ask him about the food, and I am sure that you can request what you would prefer. If you do a private charter than you can have what ever you want.

Bill is a Character, he has been here even longer than me!!! LOL

He is very knowledgeable and easy going. Just approach the day in a easy going relaxed way and you'll have a blast.

He is originally from Boston, but don't let that put you off!!!!! LOL

Only Joking Bill!!!!! Don't come over and pillage

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

I have been swamped at work this week and have not yet had a chance to call Captain Bill. We are very excited about the prospect of a cruise to Pirate Caves! Thanks for the info. I'll give Bill a call this weekend. Thanks again Potcake!

Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

captain bill was one of our favorite trips...what a fun day we had visiting the pirate ruins...at osprey rock there were baby osprey just learning to fly...the pirate carvings are so interesting to hear about...and captain bill is just a card...the bbq lunch was awesome and to this day i still look for coleslaw to put on my hotdog...his homemade coleslaw is to die for...we snorkled a couple times that day once around turtle rock which was really cool...have fun...it's definately worth the money...

Montreal
Level Contributor
698 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

May I ask any of you what kind of a boat he uses? Would it be similar to sail provo?

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach BBQ Cruise for Birthday

He now has a new boat which I personally have not been on. But I can tell you that it is a 40ft glass bottom catamaran boat. It isn't a sail boat it is a motor boat. So not like Sail Provo in that way.

But it is supposed to be very stable and provides shade and a restroom too.

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales