We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront construction

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
richmond va
13 posts
Save Topic
Beachfront construction

Can anyone give me some info on what hotels in Provo to avoid this spring as far as nearby construction. I'm most interested in The Sands, RWI, Coral Gardens, and OCW, but not if there will be construction right next door in late spring.

Thanks!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront construction

Hi There, I just wanted to give a partial answer for starters.

There is construction going on here up and down the beach, but it isn't at all hours or huge, huge building sites.

The problem is, projects say that they are going to start at a certain time and then don't and likewise say they are going to be completed at a certain time, and aren't.

I am checking on a few projects, so that I can try and give you the most up to date info.

In the mean time you could also take a look at three other Islands,

Parrot Cay www.parrotcay.como.bz

Pine Cay http://www.meridianclub.com

Salt Cay http://www.windmillsplantation.com

For total peace and quiet.

richmond va
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront construction

Thanks Potcake. Any info would be great, REALLY looking forward to my trip!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront construction

The Sands has The Mandalay Being built next to it Westerly. This is a 15 acre site, starting now. It will still be going on next spring

RWI Has nothing to my knowledge

Coral Gardens Has Windsong to the East 150 Meters and the Toscana immediately West

Their marketing is in progress but the actual construction start is unknown

Ocean Club West has the extension to the Grace Bay Club Next to it on one side, but they are meant to be finished Already

The other side has the Pinnacle This Should be complete.

Also The Seven Stars, 150 Meters to the West should have started.

What else can I tell you?

richmond va
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront construction

Potcake, thanks for the info,you're a great help. Think I'll go with OCW.

Thanks!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront construction

Ocean Club West Is a beautiful Property. Great Pool, gardens and tennis courts. It is in a Excellent location, with great restaurants and shops within easy walking distance.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

You will have a great time there. Good Choice

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront construction

Potcake: We stayed at The Sands in April and are returning one month from today. There was a site between the Sands and Sibonne that was supposedly going to be a new "town" center with shops, restaurants, galleries and condos. While we were there, we heard a bull dozer every once in a while but other than that it did not appear that much construction was taking place. Has construction begun on this facility? I am assuming that the Mandalay is in the other direction. Is that correct? When you say that construction has begun on the Mandalay, does that mean a bull dozer every once in a while or full scale construction? Just curious to know how our trip may be different from the last visit. Thanks for your help!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront construction

Hi Momstravel,

Thank you for coming back to see us so soon.

The Site that you are referring to, is I believe The Village at Grace Bay. This is behind the Sands, a fair way off and they are still in their marketing stage really and not a lot is going on there. They are re-doing the road outside, but that does not produce a lot of noise or problems for people staying in the resorts in my opinion.

The Mandalay is going in between the Sands and Sibonne. As you look at the ocean to your left.

It hasn't started yet. I was responding to someone that was going to be staying in late spring.

The problem here is that projects say that they are going to start and then don't so you never really can be exact.

So, in the next month I don't for see a problem. Ask for a easterly room away from the Mandalay to put your mind at ease.