We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Potcake Last Time!

Boston
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Potcake Last Time!

Hey Potcake - only 9 days left until we hit The Palms, (hope it is reopening)

Anyway, I have narrowed down our dinner restaurants that I would like your opinion on, I am arriving with a 22 month old and two 17 yr old girls so it is important they are casual and fun places: Tiki Hut, Baci, Hemingways, Sharkbite, Hey Joses and Iguana? Only there for 4 nights and is it possible to walk to any of them? Oh and where is the IGA in comparison to The Palms. Thanks so much!!!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Potcake Last Time!

Opened and looking good.

Tiki Hut, Casual on the water at the Turtle Cove Marina, Great Ribs! Can’t walk there.

Baci, Fabulous, great value for money, the Best Garlic Toast, Far too gorgeous pasta, and daily fish specials. On the water at the Turtle Cove Marina, Can’t walk there.

(three resident cats outside, that John rescued, one without an eye!! Bless him)

Hemingway’s. Superb, two “doors” up on the beach Easterly. Tuesday and Thursday they have a live musician, Quinton Dean. Really lovely.

Iguanas, is a steakhouse restaurant at the salt mills plaza walking distance, and it is getting some great reviews.

Shark bite I wouldn’t bother with for just being there four nights, definitely not Hey José’s.

There is a great restaurant two up from you called The Bay Bistro at Sibonne. It is casual but a little more upscale for a dinner or perfect if you want to try somewhere else for lunch other than The Palms. (way Cheaper) It is full with Palms residents most of the time!!!

I Love the Niscoise Salad. Real Seared Tuna!!

IGA is about ten mins driving time away, On Leeward Highway. You will pass it on your right as you come from the Airport.

Have a wonderful time.

Upstate, NY
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Potcake Last Time!

The Palms is open, was just there monday night for dinner at their restaurant (wonderful). The resort is beautiful and seemed empty when we were walking around the grounds.

DS

Boston
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Potcake Last Time!

DS Glad you had a nice dinner there, I cant wait to arrive. Potcake is there any view at Iguana? Sibonne might be too fancy with the children. Tiki Hut looks more our speed.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Potcake Last Time!

No View at Iguana.

I really don't think that you will find Sibonne too fancy. It is older and casual, just with a top chef.

People just walk off the beach, Its just a few feet up the beach from you, so go on over and take a look.

The Girls that work there love kids.

Ask Junior at the Bar to make you a drink and ask him to bring it to you on his head, on top of four other glasses!!!!

He loves to show off.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,442 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Potcake Last Time!

CAB123195: Hemmingways, at the Sands Resort, is on the beach with a view, and very kid friendly. Tiki Hut is great with kids too.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
402 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Potcake Last Time!

We have taken teenagers several times to Provo. The last time we were there (in May) we went to Calico Jack's on a Friday night. Very casual and live music. Our kids have also liked Danny Buoy's. The bar area was smokey the last time we were there, but the dining room was smoke-free and the salads and burgers were good. They also liked Hey Jose's: they like Mexican food. We have not tried Carter's cafe, which would be walkable for you, and has Mexican food.

Have a great trip!