We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The next best caribbean island..

London
5 posts
Save Topic
The next best caribbean island..

Hi,

My partner and I had been planning a trip to T&C next May for a much needed relaxed luxury break. We both have our hearts set on T&C after reading all the great things said about the beaches in the forum. We have now come across a few problems though. We had thought of staying at the Sands, but my partner has his heart set on an all-inclusive hotel. As lazy as it sounds, shopping and cooking does not sound like a holiday to him and he is worried about the cost of eating out. Beaches and Club Med have been ruled out as all we want is peace and quiet rather than kids or parties. Also flights from London are not too easy.

I was wondering if anyone who has been to T&C can recommend another caribbean island and hotel. A place which is just as luxurious and quiet as T&C, with perfect idyllic beaches like Grace Bay, but with a small, quiet 3-4* all-inclusive, which is not too expensive?! I know this is a lot to ask for in a holiday but if anyone has any ideas and can suggest somewhere, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The next best caribbean island..

HI

Try Ocean Club West in the Turks and Caicos. They are not all inclusive but you can get a meal plan.

If that doesnt work look into Anguilla Island... I think I spelled that right. Nice beaches and low key island, but expensive, maybe not so in May

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The next best caribbean island..

I love T&C! Unfortunately my favorite all-inclusive on Grace Bay (The Allegro Resort) has been torn down to make room for the luxurious Seven Stars Resort which I'll probably never be able to afford. I have also stayed at Beaches twice but it was prior to the French Village opening so it wasn't as crowded as it gets now. We loved it though...food was very good, service and accomodations great and I loved the spa. The month of May is still a time most kids are still in school and might be "off-season". But if Turks is out for sure, you may want to look at resorts in the Dominican Republic ...I've never been but other posters here say the beaches are fantastic in Punta Cana and La Romana. Perhaps there may be "adults only" all inclusives to choose from there? Or how about Riveria Maya? Hope this helps!

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The next best caribbean island..

Try Couples Negril adults only all inclusive, if you go for two weeks have one week in Couples Ocho Rios and then have a week in Couples Negril. Both resorts very different. First class service, ultra all-inclusive. many offers in the UK, do not pay brochure price! Visit Couples site and have a read.

Beches and ocean nice. but if you want the best you will not beat T&C

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The next best caribbean island..

We stayed @ Ocean Club and loved it. T&C is our favorite island and you r partner will not feel any more relaxed or pampered than here! We went to IGA bought breakfast items, water, lunch and snacks. The only time we ate out was dinner and we always spring for a nice ($$) dinner. Also bought our liquor and mixers and took a collapsible cooler. That cut out those high drink prices. We can't wait to go back but it's Anguilla for us 2006 (God Willing!)

Florida
Level Contributor
483 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The next best caribbean island..

You might consider Aruba or Anguilla.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,772 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The next best caribbean island..

No all inclusives on Anguilla.

High Point, NC
Level Contributor
61 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The next best caribbean island..

You might reconsider Club Med. Partying is offered but not required. My wife and I (45/50) observed common areas dancing but didn't participate and found we could enter and exit the scene without a lot of difficulty.

The Food is very well prepared by the many French chefs employed in the kitchen.

If you want further comments, reply back and I will continue to tell you about the details. I would return

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The next best caribbean island..

Have a look at the Royal West Indies Resort Providenciales.

It is on Prime Grace Bay, but is a smaller Condo Hotel. The Restaurant Mango Reef is Excellant Value for money. You can get a few items for your condo as a previous poster said and you can either rent a car for a day or two, to look around the Island and also go to the supermarket and Off Licence for a few staples. or it is on a shuttle route called The Gecko that will take you there. Or taxi or course

I think that you will find that a few breakfast items in your room, a gorgeous lunch at some of the most reasonable prices on this island and the occasional spluge goumet dinner in or out will be more than you need.

PLUS and this is a BIG plus, you are coming from England and thinking in and using pounds. You have no idea how much more you get right now.

We come to the UK and change $1000 and get 550 pounds and then everything costs a lot! What is Five pounds in the UK would be $5 here.

People coming in from the US and more so, Canada find it hard. It is the opposite with you.

The Sands is also lovely, bigger, but the restaurant is also very good value for money. This Island has had it's beach voted in the top Ten in the world every year. If you have the chance to get here, than do it.

The reason that the beach is so idyllic is that not many people have the chance to be here!

Make the most of it while it lasts.

just my opinion

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: The next best caribbean island..

5$ for my hard earned 5 Pounds?

What a rip off !!!

Recalculate... swt

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The next best caribbean island..

That is not what I meant.

What I meant was, that when you change your pounds into dollars, you get a very good exchange PLUS what would be say five pounds in London is priced at about $5 here (approx 3 pounds)