We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

Oakton, VA
8 posts
Save Topic
Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

I'm trying to plan a vacation for early next year which includes 4 adults and 3 children under the age of 5. Now my question is would you rent a villa for a week or opt for the Beaches (All-inclusive) Resort?

new york
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

Villa hands down. The freedom to explore the island is well worth it. The money you save between the two you can afford to bring along your own baby sitter from home. The kids will love it and you will have peace of mind and still be able to enjoy a family vacation without packing the kids off to camp. Check out Aqua marine Beach Houses they have many different size homes to rent. Fantastic location great snorkeling the owners were wonderful to work with. We would go back in a heartbeat.

Boston
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

Villa's are great, but we have been doing Sandlas/Beaches for years and have always had great vacations. We love the aspect of having everyting doen for us, no food shopping, cooking or planning the day. It all jsut happens. I bet either way you will not go wrong.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

I vote for Beaches too.

Sorry to me the idea of renting a villa and still having to cook, clean and shop is not my idea of a vacation. Its like being at home , but at the beach.

I like the idea of paying one price and the convenience of being wait on and everything done for me, now thats a vacation, but its all what you want.

nw, ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

I vote for Beaches as well. We have a family of 3 adults and 2 children (due to the ages) and we would not save any money by not going all inclusive yet still have to shop, cook, and clean. Which is what i go on vacation 1 week a year to avoid. Yes Beaches is expensive, but every time I have started to add up everything I would have to include in a villa vacation Beaches still comes in cheaper for our family of 5. Either way you are on Grace Bay Beach so you need to decide what kind of vacation you want. We are going back to Beaches in October for the 3rd time and this time we are planning on renting a car 1 day to do a little exploring on our own, which is an option you can consider.

Pittsburgh,Pennsylva...
Level Contributor
131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

I agree Beaches is the best. Our trip in May this year will be our 3rd all inclusive and 2nd at a Beaches. Our kids ages range from 10-14 and, so far, Beaches has exceeded all of our expectations. They just cannot be beat for available activities and I agree, no shopping, cooking and cleaning, which I did for several years before discovering all inclusives, beats a condo any day! Just my two cents. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

Can't think of two more opposite types of vacations. It all depends on your personal vacation preference.

Provo also offers numerous, very nice condo-style resorts to choose from, as another option. That's always been our family's preference.

NJ
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

Agree it depends on what you are looking for. You also may want to consider one of the other resorts that are not all-inclusive. Seems you are considering the two 'extremes' - all-inclusive vs. doing everything yourself.

We just returned from T&C and switched from a villa to Ocean Club West due to security concerns (hopefully resolved before your vacation). We were very happy with how things worked-out, especially after having thought we might prefer a villa instead. Was nice to have all the service and facilities.

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

I thiink a 3rd option that is in the middle is one of the NUMEROUS condo style resorts up and down Grace Bay. You have the luxury of a kitchen to cook or prepare basic foods as you wish, with daily cleaning, pools and restaurants on site.

While Beaches is the only AI resort on the island that the allows children, it seems you need to decide if you want a Beaches vacation or another option.

Good luck with your planning.

9. Re: Beaches Resort vs Villa Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, October 24, 2009