We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches t & c

winnipeg
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
beaches t & c

any info would be helpfull we are booked at the end october for 6 days. Mosquitos seem to be a big concern for some is that true?

Any other info that could be helpful or pictures even to show those travelling with us would be apprediated

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches t & c

Mosquitos are a problem after heavy rains but not so much the rest of the time. We went in July and we ate outside at restaurants each night. The first night I didn't wear bug spray and was bitten but not badly, after that I sprayed Off Skinsations lightly on my legs and was fine. My husband didn't use any spray and was never bitten. Have a great trip.

Colchester, CT
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches t & c

We were at Beaches the first week of May and they had a big storm before we arrived. Some of our group used bug spray at dusk and were fine. I never had a problem.

new york
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches t & c

We went to Beaches at the end of August. We got alot of rain but we didn't have a bug problem. We had Off Bug spray just in case. It wouldn't hurt to bring it along.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches t & c

Mosquitos are only a bit of a problem when it rains. Sandflies can be a little annoying, just take some bug spray if you are susceptible to things like that.

www.wherewhenhow.com is a good place for info on the island and pictures.

Have fun