We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am all over the place

Centreville...
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
I am all over the place

We definitely have a 3rd person for the birthday trip in June so that changed my seach criteria a little.

I had actually thought it would just be the two of us so I inquired about an oceanview studio at Alex. It was a rental agency rep that responded and when I told him I needed a bigger unit, he offered me an incredible deal for a 2 BR garden cottage at Somerset. It's more than we need with 3 levels, a dining room, living room and full kitchen but the rate is hard to pass up. But it's still more than the ballpark figure I gave my friend. So we have to discuss it. If we don't stay there though, it will likely be OCW. The rates at Alex for a bigger unit aren't that much cheaper than the Somerset deal so if we do it, we'll go all the way.

The other option is just to stay at Sibonne or Comfort Suites because they are way cheap. And on vacation we only really use the room to shower and sleep so may as well use the saving toward extra excursions right?

Ugh. I do't know what to do. How do Sibonne and CS compare?

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I am all over the place

Sibonne is right on the beach so it is nicer in that way. CS is off the beach, about a 3min walk to the beach. Hate to do this but if you are going to look cheaper like CS the also see what the rates are Grace Bay Suites. They are off the beach same as CS.

The only thing is that CS, Sibonne and Grace Bay suites do not have kitchens. With a kitchen you can save more money instead of dining out all the time?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,962 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am all over the place

You need to convince the extra freind that you need to get The Somerset out of your system.

Centreville...
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am all over the place

Thanks Snubagirl. I looked at GB Suites because they are newer but a 1 BR with the extra person fee puts it right up there with OCW or RWI. Would stay at RWI like before but wnat to be in a more central location. I know CS is across form the beach but I understand they have beach longers and umbrellas which is a plus. Is their beach area nice, comparatively speaking? I have seen both Sibonne and CS from the outside so wondering how the 2 compare as far as room/furnishings. Most of the options we are looking at at least have a kitchenette so we can make lunches in the room etc.

Centreville...
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am all over the place

I know my friend would love Somerset and that's usually the type of place she goes for and I know she would be happy there but I don't want to twist her arm. We are talking about it tomorrow.

But with the savings we would be able to do more things etc.

It truly doesn't matter to me as long as I have good weather and calm water :)

Chicago
Level Contributor
718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am all over the place

I do so hate the extra person fee. What about a 2 BR garden view from the Sands or from RWI? Will you able to share a 1BR? If so, Sands doesn't charge an extra person fee.

Austin
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am all over the place

I agree. Check the Sands' rates. It's a great place.

As for Sibonne, it's right next to the Sands so you get the same great beach and central location. And the restaurant on-site is good. However, the rooms are dated and are basic beach motel size. The Sibonne does have one 1-bedroom "apartment" (you can check it out on their website) that would offer you a kitchenette with a private bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room, screened porch and open air deck.

I wouldn't want to go all the way to Provo and not stay directly on the beach. That rules out Comfort Suites for me!

7. Re: I am all over the place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, October 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales