We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

silver deep excursions

new jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
silver deep excursions

Has anyone been on either the Beach Cruise or the Snorkel Mania excurions (half-day trips) with Silver Deep? Which would you recommend? Which do you think has better snorkeling? I originally wanted to do the Middle Caicos trip but a few members in our group weren't so interested in the caves. Do you think we'll really be missing out if we do a half-day trip instead? Thanks!

Houston
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: silver deep excursions

newhope,

Check out the snorkeling trips with Sail Provo too (www.sailprovo.com). We did the Middle Caicos your with Silver Deep and then two excursions with Sail Provo (a snorkeling trip and a sunset cruise) and we had much more fun on our Sail Provo trips.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: silver deep excursions

I've done the Middle Caicos tour a couple of times, and didn't want to go to the caves each time. The first timers were taken to the caves, and we were taken straight to the beach. Later the cavers joined us. It is always a fantastic day.

The 1/2 day trips are great too, I could almost do without the Iguanas each time, but they stop in Delos (spelling?) Cay, and it's a beautiful beach.

you can't go wrong with either one, or both!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: silver deep excursions

We took a half day trip with Silver Deep and had a great time. First stop was to see the iguanas and last 15 min., good to do once and only once, otherwise wait on the boat. After a bit of snorkeling to see gorgeous coral we went to a place where you could dive for your own conch and that's when JoJo the dolphin visited. A fourth stop is in shallow water to look for sand dollars while the captain prepares your freshly caught conch for lunch. We left at 2 and were back by about 6. A great afternoon.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: silver deep excursions

My son (I'm Cardgirl's husband) and I did a half-day fishing excursion with Silver Deep and it was great. Everyone on the boat caught fish and my son caught a huge King Mackerel. I've tried to figure out a way to attach the picture to this reply but can't figure out how to do it.