We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Kids?

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to TC in October. We're leaning towards Beaches bc of the AI. However, Im not crazy about spending 8 days at a resort with alot of kids. I was thinking since it is Oct, there wouldn't be so many kids, but from other postings it seems that may not be the case..

Any advice is appreciated or suggestions of accomodations where this may not be an issue?

Toronto
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids?

There will be a lot of kids at Beaches. And mostly really young kids. I would suggest going elsewhere for peace (and I have kids, but If I was going with my husband I would NOT go to beaches).

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids?

The only other place that's AI is Club Med (no kids). I wouldn't say this is a romantic place and it certainly is more basic than a lot of places on Grace Bay. Provo is the kind of island where there are so many great restaurants near the hotels, it's a shame IMO to do AI and miss all that. Some onon AI to consider:The Somerset or Regent Palms or mid-ranged places like Ocean Club West, The Alexandra, Royal West Indies or our personal favorite The Sands all of which may have some kids but certainly not like at Beaches.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,731 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids?

The Ocean Club West and the Alexandra now is offering meal plans if you want to go that route. I believe the Palms, Somerset and Turks and Caicos Club has breakfast included with the price of the rooms.

Oakley, California
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids?

Being a single person myself, 8 days at Beaches would make me rip my hair out...Elmo singing, strollers and crying children...not for me...If you gave me a free trip there, I'd go just to be on Grace Bay and in Provo, but I'd be hightailing it out of there during the days on boat trips, and down the beach where it is quieter...

Look into The Sands, OCW and RWI...you can get some reasonable rates, and cook some meals in, probably would cost less than Beaches.

5. Re: Kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 24, 2009