We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RWI or Ocean Club ?

winchester
4 posts
Save Topic
RWI or Ocean Club ?

We're currently planning our trip to T&C for later this summer (August) and are struggling to choose between the Royal West Indies or one of the two Ocean Club hotels. We love beach walking, peace and quiet, eating out and relaxing on our balcony with a bottle of wine in the evening.

We've read that the Ocean Club balconies are screened in - however can't find out anywhere whether RWI porches are also screened? Can anyone advise?

Also we don't want to stay next to a building site - so any advice on whether building work is going on around any of these 3 hotels would be much appreciated.

Any recommendations as to which is the best option for us to stay at?

Thanks for your help - we want our holiday to be perfect:)

Mentioned in this post
Royal West Indies Resort
Royal West Indies Resort
2,101 Reviews
Providenciales
Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RWI or Ocean Club ?

rwi does not have screened in balconies...i think just the sands and ocean clubs do...

but i have to say it doesn't matter as much as i thought it did when i first started going to provo...being without screened in balcony didn't bother me so much...

when staying at one ocean club you can use both properties which is nice...

not sure of the recent construction status...

our website has a gallery full of picture from ocean club west if you want to look at the property and rooms...

provobums.com

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RWI or Ocean Club ?

I do not believe RWI has screened decks. There is construction near RWI and Ocean Club West. Ocean Club has screened decks and no construction near this property. It is also near the end of the hotel strip so it is a fairly quiet part of the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Club West
Ocean Club West
939 Reviews
Providenciales
Level Contributor
20 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RWI or Ocean Club ?

We were at RWI last month for 9 days. Balconies are open and it was always quiet and peaceful, no matter what time of day. Construction noise wasn't an issue because it is far enough away. You can certainly get enough beach walking from RWI in either direction. We enjoyed our stay at RWI and would definately return.

winchester
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: RWI or Ocean Club ?

Thanks for all your advice. We generally like to walk to dinner - are there many decent restaurants within walking distance from these hotels?

BTW - thanks for the phots - looks like Gracie the Bear is as well travelled as me, and just as badly behaved :) :) :)

Level Contributor
20 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RWI or Ocean Club ?

You can walk to a few from Royal West Indies such as Coco Bistro and Coyoba. The resorts restaurant, Mango Reef, has an extensive menu, large portions, and great quality. The other choices are a mile or more away. The best option is a rental car or a taxi. Check out wherewhenhow.com for the best information on everything in T & C.

Mentioned in this post
Royal West Indies Resort
Royal West Indies Resort
2,101 Reviews
Providenciales
Coco Bistro
Coco Bistro
5,530 Reviews
Providenciales
Mango Reef
Mango Reef
3,750 Reviews
Providenciales
Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RWI or Ocean Club ?

:)

Gracie ran away on our last visit to provo...she has been cloned and Dolly will visit with us in april...

:)

7. Re: RWI or Ocean Club ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 22, 2009