We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Concerns

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
7 posts
Save Topic
Weather Concerns

My family and I are going to be heading to T & C in the next few weeks. Looking at the weather forcast things look rainy there all the time. Can someone give me an idea of what to expect weather wise?

Thanks in advance

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Concerns

Well, we've been here since last Tuesday, and so far it's been cloudy or rainy most days. But also intermingled is lots of sun! In fact, so much that I'm pretty sunburned. This morning was an awesome storm, watched it come in from the hammock on the balcony and it was pretty intense. Wind gusts up to 35 knots at times and lots of lightning! We expected a pretty poor day weatherwise based on how it started but we just got back from a glorious afternoon snorkeling, rafting and hanging out on the beach. So I think that it rains a lot, is cloudy a lot, and sunny a lot, all mixed up - at least it has been for almost a week so far. Word of advice - bring LOTS of sunscreen - it's very intense - I'm putting 50 spf on every half hour and its not enough!

USA
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Concerns

Sarabella,

Thanks you for your insight to what the weather has been like. Are the showers brief and passing or are they wiping out half of your day? Also, did you have a good base tan before you left or is the sun so intense it does not matter?

Thanks again- BeachKid

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Concerns

The showers are mostly brief, even the big storm only lasted about an hour and by noon we were snorkeling in front of Coral Gardens. Honestly I thought I had a pretty good base tan but the sun is incredibly intense, and I've got a heat rash on my legs and arms that just won't go away. No one else seems to be having this problem, but a lot of folks are FREQUENTLY applying sunscreen as most people say they feel like they're getting red at some point or another. I like it when the clouds come because it cools things off and also gives me a respite from the sun! Most people use the umbrellas or just stay in the water. Absolutely perfectly gorgeous here, the water is so blue it's hard to believe.

Where are you all staying?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Concerns

Sarabella

For your rash use some cream with 1% cortizone cream after you shower. It works for me. There is a pharmacy on the road up to Leeward highway on your right.

USA
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Concerns

Sarabella,

We are going to be staying at Parrot Cay. Have you ever stayed there before? We had some friends go and they really loved it....so, monkey see, monkey do!!! I cannot thank you enough for putting my mind at ease with the so called t-storms. We were afraid that we might have to pack duck boots instead of bathing suits. All of thehe internet weather sites really can take the wind out of your sails. Your confirmation of what I had been told sure puts a smile on my face. Regarding the sun situation....we went to Aruba several years ago in August. Everyone had great tans but that sun down there will wear you out. I guess the closer you get to the equator, the more it really does magnify. I will make sure go go by and get some higher rated lotion just in case my tan is not as good as I think it is. Again, thank you for taking the time to get back with us....it really puts our minds at ease. So, are you a Duke fan or a Carolina fan? One of my best friends from college lives in Durham as well.

Thanks, BeachKid

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,035 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Concerns

Beachkid: you will love Parrot Cay. The beach there is spectacular!!

USA
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather Concerns

Blamona,

We have never traveled to T&C much less Parrot Cay. We are looking forward to the trip and to the resort. When did you go there? Is there anything special or notable that I need to watch out for or participate in? Also, how would you rate the dress attire formal or casual? Many, Many thanks in advance.

-BeachKid

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,035 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather Concerns

Beachkid: I have not actually spent the night, but it's on my list. I had been on the beach years back, and pass by it every time there is an excursion we go on. I can only comment on the beach, which is spectacular. I can give you second hand opinions, as we know locals in Provo, and always heard good things and Parrot Cay being first class all the way.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather Concerns

BeachKid,

We returned earlier this month from T&C. Weather was great. Literally two minutes of rain during our seven days there. Forecast was for daily t-storms.

By the way, keep an eye out for Bruce Willis while in Parrott Cay. He has a mansion there.

USA
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather Concerns

Blamona,

Thank you for passing along what you have sceen at Parrot Cay. I look forward to seeing their beach especially since you are the 3rd person to tell me how awesome it is. We hope that the resort is all that it is billed out to be about it and will be glad to pass along our experience when we get back from our trip. Thanks again for your help and happy travels.

-BeachKid