We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does RWI have a small gym or workout room?

CA
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Does RWI have a small gym or workout room?

We are going to stay for the first time at the Roal West Indies Resort on Saturday and I was wondering if they had a gym or small workout room. We also were going to stop at the IGA store on the way to the resort and also wondered what is in the kitchen? Coffee maker? Do we need filters ? was there salt and peper? were there plastic glasses for the beach? Would love your knowledge if your have stayed there:)

midwest; iowa
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does RWI have a small gym or workout room?

Sorry to say, there are no work out facilities of gym at RWI.

There are coffee makers (12 cup) and filters in the kitchens. They also provide coffee (Folger packets, regular and decaf).

They have some sweet n low, creamer, etc in the refrig also.

Did not ever see any salt and pepper containers. There is a toaster and microwave besides the refrigerator. No plastic glasses either, so we brought our own coffee mugs and plastic glasses. Also took a cheap ice cube tray and plastic bags of all sizes as we made lots of ice. The trays in the room were very small and last year we were forever running out of ice.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does RWI have a small gym or workout room?

tamski has good suggestions with the ice tray. no plastic cups - lots of glass ones. my post on the RWI review has a list of everything I could remember that was provided in the kitchen. It was very well stocked - surprisingly so.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Does RWI have a small gym or workout room?

I had great aspirations for working out while there. I even went to the local gym (Pulse, at Saltmills Plaza) ready to work out only to find that they close for several hours in the middle of the day. That was it for me! I limited my exercise to long walks on the beach and massive amounts of snorkeling. I actually feel like I got a good workout, too. Just being out in that hot sun takes a lot of energy.