We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving Question

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Diving Question

Am going with family in mid -June. Has anyone dove with Flamingo Divers? If so, any input on your experience with them would be appreciated. Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving Question

Hi Isotos-Don't know if this helps, but Dive Provo & Caicos Adventures seem to be the 2 dive shops of choice. Read back on older reviews on this board or check www.scubaboard.com.

Have a great time and let us know about your diving experiences when you get back. I go in Oct and I am still trying to decide who to dive with.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving Question

I have also read about Art's Provo Turtle Divers, know anything about them traciedee?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving Question

I have seen their name and have never heard anything bad about them, but then I don't think I've ever seen anything bad about Flamingo Divers either. Can't hurt to call them and find out how their dives work and what kind of boats they use. I understand most of the dives are 45-55 minutes out, so a bigger boat might be better. Some people have noted that the smaller dive operators usually have smaller groups, so that might be something to think about. I don't mind 10-15 people as long as you're not crammed on a small boat. It gives you more people to share your dive stories with and compare all the cool stuff you saw.

McLean VA USA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving Question

I dove with Flamingo in May. It was great. Staff was very competent, dive environment very relaxed and groups very small. I don't know if I would consider diving with anyone else in TCI.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving Question

Thank You

I chose them based on small group specialty and good reviews in Undercurrent. I appreciate the input.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving Question

Isotos-what is undercurrent?

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diving Question

Hi traciedee

Undercurrent is an independent magazine that takes input from its readers as to destinations, dive operations and to some degree hotels. I find it pretty useful in finding dive locations and operations. Those who write in tend to be mostly experienced, well traveled divers. The opinions seem fairly unbiased as well. Particularly helpful is the book they send out every year which aggregates alot of the information. It is very very good for live aboards where bad experiences can really ruin the whole trip.

They have a website but I prefer the printed version

the website is undercurrent.org

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Diving Question

Isotos, thanks for sharing the undercurrents info. We'll definitly check it out before we leave next Tuesay. And also we'll seriously consider the Flamingo Dive organization ( can't remember the exact name) based on your review.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Diving Question

Oops - thanks actually go to JackLoder for the Flamingo review...!