We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

New Jersey
Level Contributor
533 posts
66 reviews
Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

My wife and I go away for a long weekend (Thursday-Sunday) in November. The last 2 years this has been to Aruba. We love it, but were considering Turks and Caicos this year.

I was just wondering how the weather is in November...I know it is not as far south as Aruba...so I didn't know if it was more seasonal....I have checked weather sites, but was hoping to get some 'real' opinions...perhaps from people who have been to both.

Don't know if it matters, but we are looking at somewhere like RWI.

Thanks

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

Been to both places twice. They are VERY different. T and C is much quietier than Aruba. There is little to no nightlife there. We are now hooked on T and C and are going back for the third time in February. The beaches and snolrkelling are just breathtaking. There are many lovely hotels and the dining is pretty good too, for the Caribbean. I would definitely choose T and C over Aruba for a long weekend. The nonstop flight from NY has you at your hotel by noon. It is a MUCH longer trip to Aruba- too long for a long weekend for me.

Sorry, have no personal experience with the weather in Nov on either island..

Vernon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
470 posts
351 reviews
2. Re: Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

Hi Lucky,

I've been to both T&C and Aruba in November. We had beautiful weather in T&C - about mid 80's each day and the water was very warm. You shouldn't have any problems with the weather that time of year.

As Jess said, T&C is very different from Aruba in terms of nightlife and activities. However, it's a very relaxing vacation.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions!

Enjoy your vacation!

-Jen

Boston...
Level Contributor
835 posts
3. Re: Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

lucky49,

T&C is far more laid back than Aruba (we own a timeshare there). You will not find the commercialization here that you see in Aruba.

I'd take the T&C's over Aruba in a heartbeat!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,366 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

Another vote for T&C.

To me, Aruba is fun, but the water in T&C is the most incredible in the world.

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
523 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

I've been to both as well, unless you guys like to party I'd go T&C all the way!!!....not to mention it's closer as well since time is of the essence.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
533 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

Thanks everyone.....sounds like we should give it a whirl....laid back is what we like to do....are their sights that we should not miss?

Also, the one thing we kind of require is good food...not expensive (although that is fine) but good. One of the reasons we love Aruba is the food there...El Goucho...and so on....are there places like this to eat in T&C.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
7. Re: Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

Restaurants we enjoyed were...

Coyaba

Anacaona

Grace's Cottage

Parallel 23

Not sure but these may all be on the more expensive end.

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
8. Re: Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

Interesting posting as we are thinking of going in November too but for round about 10 days. We have free travel from the UK to New York and so wanted to go somewhere that's not too far away. T&C sounds really nice, not having been to the Caribbean before is this a good choice or will it be too quiet? I like nice pools but do like to go out for a drink in the evening. My husband is keen to do some more diving and it looks perfect!

Sorry lucky49 don't mean to hijack your posting! Aruba sounds good too!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
835 posts
9. Re: Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

You will not find dining establishments such as Los Gouchos here on Provo.

Restaurant dining here on Provo is a tad more expensive than what you would expect to pay in Aruba.

Mississippi Gulf...
Level Contributor
96 posts
10. Re: Aruba vs Turks and Caicos in November

I would chose Turks and Caicos any month of any year but just keep in mind that , although rare, it is still hurricane season in November.