We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Heaven at The Sands.....

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back from Heaven at The Sands.....

Ask me anything!

Phoenix, Arizona
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Just got back from Heaven at The Sands.....

Hi ourhappypuppy,

Glad to hear you had such a fabulous trip!

My sister and I are trying to book a 1-bedroom unit on Grace Beach in May. Do you have any feelings about The Seagate? They charge $190/night, which seems a bit steep?

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Vanessa

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just got back from Heaven at The Sands.....

Vanessa, I'm sorry, I never heard of the Seagate. You can get a one bedroom, or even a studio suite at The Sands for around that price. Plus, if you check Expedia, they were running a "Buy 5 nites get 2 more free" deal at the Sands the other day.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Just got back from Heaven at The Sands.....

Musicnerd......it's probably a good idea to stake your claim early if you want a Tiki hut, though we never did. There's always plenty of seating around the various pools, and people come and go on the beach all the time. If you don't care about a shady spot, you can usually just grab some free chairs.

Everything is so loose and mellow, not at all grabby and frenetic like one finds at other beach resorts.

Have a great trip!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Just got back from Heaven at The Sands.....

Thanks! I'll report on my experience at the Sands when I return.

Towson MD
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Just got back from Heaven at The Sands.....

Hi,

We are leaving in Dec05 with wife and then 1y.o twins. Do you think we need a ocean front or was the ocean view suitable? Also, did you have a top floor? Finally, are there restaurants we can truly walk to with strollers that are close to the sands and which ones would you reccomend? We have been all over the carribean, but this is our first with kids. I want to make sure we have a good time.

Brian,

Baltimore, MD

Go O's

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Just got back from Heaven at The Sands.....

Hi Brian..... You're so brave! But I have to say, if you're doing a beach vacation with little ones, the Sands is about as good as it gets.

I would not recommend walking anywhere, however, except on the beach (without strollers). There are no sidewalks around the Sands (or anywhere else that I could tell) and the cars often come flying by out of nowhere. I walked once to the Saltmills Plaza (about 10 minutes away) and found a few unremarkable shops and eateries.

I think you will find that the Sands has everything you need! Hemingways restaurant is lovely, has good food, and is kid friendly. The wait for the food is long (everywhere!), but you can keep the kids happy by strolling the grounds while you wait. The resort is beautifully laid out and the landscaping is lush and well-maintained.

We did walk next door to the Bay Bistro one night, and we all agreeed it was overpriced and overrated.

I strongly suggest you take the shuttle ($8 R/T) to the IGA supermarket the first day and stock up on breakfast and lunch foods, beverages, snacks, etc. You'll enjoy the flexibility of eating whenever you need to, and you'll save a bundle!

Pack lightly! The washer and dryer were a real godsend, and it was great to not have to bring dirty laundry home at the end of the week.

As for rooms, we were very happy with our one-bedroom oceanview. I did see inside an oceanfront but didn't like the layout as much. It felt cramped although the view was nice. Not worth the extra money! Ask them to put you in a corner unit, if possible. Also, some "oceanviews" are larger than others! Buildings 1 and 6 have them, I believe, though they're farther from the pools and beach but also quieter! Besides, they're not really "far" at all......less than a minute away.

We had a 2nd floor unit which was great. I'd go with 2nd or 3rd floor, as the 1st floor is not as private and seems darker. I believe all but one of the six buildings have elevators.

Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales