We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Datai Villa

Which Whitby hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
1 post
Save Topic
Datai Villa

We were in North Caicos during the start of May 2009. All I can say is wow. The villa is fab, whether your a couple or 6 people.

Here are some photos... flickr.com/photos/…

If your looking for a quiet secluded get away, with wonderful beaches this is it.

Getting there is a little bit of a faf, but whether you get the ferry or plane from Provo it's well worth it.

Hire a car, buy food at the local shops (it's nothing fancy but they've got all the basics), or ask Jean-Louie (Villa owner who lives near by) for one of the dishes off his menu.

And then... relax.

The villa has all the amenities you could want.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,842 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Datai Villa

I couldn't agree more about Datai. We have stayed for the last three years and love the place!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Datai Villa

Thanks for your post and sharing your pictures of North Caicos.

Mike

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,751 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Datai Villa

have you stayed on Salt Cay? visited briefly once and we are trying to decide between North Caicos and Salt Cay for a wk this Winter. I know Salt Cay is smaller.....we want to do some fishing, snorkeling, maybe diving and chill! Wondering if North has many small restaurant/beach bar places like Salt Cay does..

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Datai Villa

We agree, Datai is great! That's our first choice anytime we go to TCI.

I believe more people should try Whitby, North Caicos. It's our favorite of all. You have to be really self sufficient, but what a great vacay.

So glad you had fun!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,049 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Datai Villa

obxpat: overall I think Salt Cay is better island for that kind of visit, but it's easier to reach North Caicos.

North Caicos is long, definately need a car. Whitby Beach is nice, as is taking the car to Middle Caicos for caves and the stunning Mudjin Harbor. On North there is excellent Bottle Creek Lodge people that will take you fishing, and you can bonefish on the flats at Middle Caicos. Everything is done by car as there are huge distances. Best place to eat is at Silver Palms at Ocean Beach hotel. I know the owner of Datai villa, super nice guy. North Caicos has a getaway from it all (including other people!) to it.

Salt Cay has character, and is full of characters. It's tiny, so you can walk or basically go around in golf carts, which makes it fun. Between Coral Reef Bar and Grill and the most excellent Island thyme Bistro, food is excellent, and wasy to go back and forth and make life long friends. There are them nights and live music, a wreck to dive, and North Beach is the most incredible beach of them all. Salt Cay has more "atmosphere".

6. Re: Datai Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 07, 2010